Statue farming

#1TheMeatbeastPosted 1/16/2012 4:39:26 PM
So I've been jumping through worlds farming statues, mostly in the jungle, corruption, and the dungeon. While I have all the statues, I seem to have a dozen or some, and only one of others. Mainly short on Slime, pirannha, star, and heart. Do certain statues only spawn in certain areas, or am I just having horrible RNG luck?
#2tony8669Posted 1/16/2012 5:03:44 PM
They're random, like chests.
#3TheMeatbeast(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 5:49:04 PM
Chests aren't random. Each item has a different requirement to spawn in a chest. Starfury's will only spawn in sky chests for example. Dark lances in Hell, shadow keys in the dungeon.

Even chest types aren't random. Gold chests in UG and lower, locked chests in the sky and dungeon ( Except the wooden ones, which will always have a golden key in it ), and shadow chests in hell.
#4alastor_91Posted 1/16/2012 6:04:04 PM(edited)
Chests are random.
---
I ran into a group of men trying to take an old lady's purse and decided it was my duty to help out. She was a tough old broad, but in the end we got her purse.
#5KLouD_KoNNeCteDPosted 1/16/2012 6:08:43 PM
Chests aren't random. Each item has a different requirement to spawn in a chest. Starfury's will only spawn in sky chests for example. Dark lances in Hell, shadow keys in the dungeon.

Even chest types aren't random. Gold chests in UG and lower, locked chests in the sky and dungeon ( Except the wooden ones, which will always have a golden key in it ), and shadow chests in hell.

... tony means the PLACEMENT of statues is random just like the PLACEMENT of chests is random.
---
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#6WyrmcraftPosted 1/16/2012 6:18:46 PM
Best way to statue farm is to use a world viewer, that's nto cheating because you at least have to still get to the statue...

But really, inventory edit is your friend.
---
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
#7MetuaPosted 1/16/2012 6:47:59 PM
I honestly think statues should be lit up by Spelunker potions. It would make finding them a lot easier.
---
Anti-brony and proud
This grass feels funny. It feels like...trousers.
#8KLouD_KoNNeCteDPosted 1/16/2012 7:10:39 PM
I honestly think statues should be lit up by Spelunker potions.

This so much.
---
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#9Robtcee13Posted 1/16/2012 9:09:12 PM
Wyrmcraft posted...
Best way to statue farm is to use a world viewer, that's nto cheating because you at least have to still get to the statue...

But really, inventory edit is your friend.

Any out-of-game means is cheating.
But honestly, does cheating matter? No. Not unless you can't get fun out of a game by skipping the middleman a bit. But if I were looking for statues, I wouldn't even touch a map viewer for it. Set a different goal, happen upon statues and be pleasantly surprised.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#10WyrmcraftPosted 1/16/2012 10:13:37 PM
Well it depends what you're after really, I mean if you want to set up a massive boss arena with heart statues everywhere then yeah cheating is your friend.

If you just need this statue or that just looking and being pleasantly surprised.
---
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.