Help me squeeze more life out of this wonderful game

#1squirrelnestPosted 8/22/2012 7:15:41 PM
Okay, so I have played Terraria a lot. Sadly, some of the luster is starting to wear thin.

I've played a number of mods that added monsters and craftables to the game. I've gotten as far as I'm willing to with hardcore characters. I've played through alone and with others. I've done a number of silly PvP matches. I have a few castles that fill me with pride.

What else is there to do? Is there some mod I'm unaware of that offers shocking and drastic changes? Is there some kind of challenge I should try?

I need ideas, Gamefaqs. Help me squeeze more life out of Terraria!
---
feel free to help me improve my spelling
#2Taliban01Posted 8/23/2012 5:30:40 AM
Ever played a custom map called "The Story of Red Cloud"?
That'll easily give you +200 hours of gameplay, and it comes with it's own mod!
---
1 line break(s), 122 characters allowed
#3Robtcee13Posted 8/23/2012 8:00:04 AM
You might also consider playing the regular game or conventional adventure maps (ie, not Red Cloud) with friends on mediumcore with PvP enabled. Why? Friendly Fire Mode.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#4squirrelnest(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 2:37:35 AM
I haven't played red cloud, no.

I just started it, and it looks amazing. My first real set of armor looking like a ff red mage? Just a plus. Thanks for the tip!!
---
feel free to help me improve my spelling
#5Loki557Posted 8/24/2012 2:48:12 AM
If you are interested I am trying to get a group together to try out the new MP compatible version of the Toparia RPG mod. It adds a pretty in depth RPG system to the game. Info is here http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/released-wip-toparia-terraria-rpg-mod.86518/

If you are interested in trying out the MP PM me.

Also, Red Cloud is pretty awesome as well xD