How do you get to the Lihzahrd Altar?

#1PostagaPosted 10/3/2013 4:20:55 PM
i beat Plantera, got the key, and ran to the end of the temple. It comes to a dead end, with the altar in a seperate room just out of reach. I've disabled all the traps, looted all the power cells, and dug around the entire temple looking for another entrance. Is there some trick I'm missing to getting inside?
#2Glenn The GreatPosted 10/3/2013 4:24:28 PM
If you have a spectre pick/chlorophyte drill you can mine out the lizhard temple to reach it.
---
gt: Raknizzle
PSN: Tubascaba
#3Postaga(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 4:26:08 PM
Gotcha. Thank you. Guess it's finally time to say goodbye to Drax.
#4Postaga(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 4:28:05 PM
Just checked the Terraria wiki. It sounds like the Chlorophyte drill being able to mine those bricks was a bug, and has been fixed.
#5NakkaruPosted 10/3/2013 4:31:05 PM
That sounds odd. Maybe take a screenshot?

And the temple boss has a chance to drop a picksaw that can specifically dig through the temple bricks. It's really good.
---
Playing: Terraria, WoT, Pokemon X/Y soon. PM me anytime!
#6bdavis93Posted 10/3/2013 4:37:15 PM
You can use actuators to make the blocks into inactive blocks you can walk through when they are powered. You can also do this to enter the jungle dungeon before hardmode.
#7Elmdor043Posted 10/3/2013 5:09:52 PM
They fixed the actuator thing in the patch according to Cenx.

Is it made of a new block? I haven't made it that far, but it would be quite odd to introduce a new block you can't even mine and build with, what's the point in that?
---
~Vamos Rafa!~
http://i.imgur.com/zinseml.jpg
#8NakkaruPosted 10/3/2013 5:23:26 PM
Elmdor043 posted...
They fixed the actuator thing in the patch according to Cenx.

Is it made of a new block? I haven't made it that far, but it would be quite odd to introduce a new block you can't even mine and build with, what's the point in that?

You can mine it when you get the right picksaw, which you get from inside the temple. They want to keep you out until Hardmode and you find the key. :P
---
Playing: Terraria, WoT, Pokemon X/Y soon. PM me anytime!
#9Elmdor043Posted 10/3/2013 5:40:04 PM
Oops, I didn't even see that part of your other post.
---
~Vamos Rafa!~
http://i.imgur.com/zinseml.jpg
#10Darksaber310Posted 10/3/2013 5:50:10 PM
That's just a random spawn issue. About 15% of the time I run into that wall keeping me out. Just gotta reroll a world. Most don't have that wall. If they fixed the Chlorophyte Drill being able to get through then that's really your only option. There's no trick there, you can do that fight in any mode of world.
---
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.