how rare is the fire feather?

#1Retro_CuddlesPosted 10/30/2013 7:31:33 AM
i found a super easy way to kill the destroyer. my first hardmode boss (except for paladin and ice golem). so i farmed him 3 times over my empty ocean. i decided to go down the hole i used to drain my ocean to retrieve gold from when i had died earlier. the hole leads straight to hell. i see my first red devil. kill him and he drops fire feather.

i had just last night watched some farming videos and the guy took over 3 hours to get a fire feather. and the wiki says 1% drop rate. so was i just lucky? i already have ice wings so this seems pointless :D.

i mean i have a deadly rainbow gun. so i guess i am lucky with rare drops?
---
My IQ is 20 below genius, so im almost genius
R.I.P Paul Bearer
#2Rottenchild4Posted 10/30/2013 7:34:08 AM
Just lucky. And it's not pointless, Fire Wings can fly higher and give off light. Also, they're the most badass wings in the game. Obviously.
---
#yoloswag #hashtag
#3gohobojoePosted 10/30/2013 10:32:28 AM
In my opinion, the only thing that surpasses fiery wings are wings that explode. Like you fly up and you get all these small little explosions that do absolutely nothing but show it off graphically. And they give light. Little explosions of light.
---
"I don't care. I just want to fight a big ass train that's made of doom." - ChaozCloud, FFXIV board
#4Rottenchild4Posted 10/30/2013 10:53:21 AM
Protip: Put on armor that causes the trailing image effect, such as shroomite, and fly with fire wings on. Stare in awe at the beautiful fireworks flying out of your back. You're welcome.
---
#yoloswag #hashtag
#5EarthshakerPosted 10/30/2013 10:55:13 AM
Meh, I'm having more fun with bat wings and the Alien costume.

A... flying Alien o___o
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
Sproink.
#6dicemanxxPosted 10/30/2013 11:20:55 AM
The two most recent wings from the Pumpkin Moon event fly higher than any other wings. It's too bad, since it limits the options unless you're OK with a slight gimp. It would be better if the wings had slightly different abilities instead of having some of them strictly better than others.
---
Celeste lvl200 Strider Ranked #1 (PSN: Sellomar) http://i.imgur.com/XOdmySs.jpg
Arianne lvl200 Ranger Ranked #2 (PSN: dice1221) http://i.imgur.com/U9DIGEF.jpg
#7Rottenchild4Posted 10/30/2013 11:30:34 AM
Or at least a cosmetic slot for wings, and if you don't have the misc equipped they just appear cosmetically on your back but don't function.
---
#yoloswag #hashtag
#8brody318Posted 10/30/2013 7:21:45 PM
Actually, the twig and dark fairy wings fly the highest.
---
The penguins are at critical mass!
Sadly the secret to utopia is the opposite of what you hope to achieve.
#9aftershock576Posted 10/30/2013 8:32:49 PM
dicemanxx posted...
The two most recent wings from the Pumpkin Moon event fly higher than any other wings. It's too bad, since it limits the options unless you're OK with a slight gimp. It would be better if the wings had slightly different abilities instead of having some of them strictly better than others.

I don't really feel worse wings so bad one would have a problem with 'gimping' themselves to use them, even with some going nearly twice as high as the old ones(feel free to correct me if my understanding on that is wrong). They all offer quick enough mobility speed wise for anything you'd need in the game and most places don't require you to be able to fly super amazing heights at all.

I personally use the butterfly wings on my current character and I've never had a problem that better wings would fix.
#10SyranicPosted 10/30/2013 11:19:43 PM
I've farmed for the Fire Feather for hours and never got one yet. Don't really need it anymore, though.
---
I've left whole towns like Balmora empty: 'Kleptomaniac' doesnt even begin to describe it.
They havent yet invented a word to describe the things I do. -Quaix