Skull in crimson biome?

#1TheRMisterDerpPosted 11/5/2013 10:57:55 AM
So I found this image of the Crimson Biome on TV Tropes, and it says there's a skull in the background here, but I don't see it, as it is too dark

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2782/482l.jpg

Would anyone like to point out or circle where said skull is?
---
Buy a Wii U, don't buy the Xbone, if you like playing games that aren't bull honkey. But you won't. Good job, fanboys.
#2stopreadnamethxPosted 11/5/2013 11:23:17 AM(edited)
Context would help. I'm not up for wasting time looking at a picture searching for something that might not even be there.

EDIT: Wow, how did I never notice that before? It's literally an enormous skull on the left side of the screen, camouflaged with the mountains in the background, just behind the trees. You can see the eye sockets and part of the... nose socket? I'm sure that doesn't sound right, but hopefully you get the idea.

Couple this with the enormous bones you can see in the Crimson Desert, the meaty look of the Crimson, how Crimson "caves" look like giant gaping arms and Ichor's description ("The blood of gods")... Could the Crimson be the rotting corpse of fallen gods?
---
stopreadsigkthxbai
#3silentzedPosted 11/5/2013 11:51:04 AM
stopreadnamethx posted...
Context would help. I'm not up for wasting time looking at a picture searching for something that might not even be there.

EDIT: Wow, how did I never notice that before? It's literally an enormous skull on the left side of the screen, camouflaged with the mountains in the background, just behind the trees. You can see the eye sockets and part of the... nose socket? I'm sure that doesn't sound right, but hopefully you get the idea.

Couple this with the enormous bones you can see in the Crimson Desert, the meaty look of the Crimson, how Crimson "caves" look like giant gaping arms and Ichor's description ("The blood of gods")... Could the Crimson be the rotting corpse of fallen gods?

Sounds like a fairly good theory. I had only noticed the whole fleshy look of everything and the fact the Crimson chasms always looked like hands with outstretched (and sometimes warped) fingers reaching into the earth and the gigantic bones in the background, but made no connection between everything else associated with the Crimson other than it seemed somewhat theme centered around fleshy stuff.

I'm gonna check my own map to see if I can't find the skull. It's entirely too bright where I am so I can't make out the details of the dark parts of that picture.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#4jrr18Posted 11/5/2013 2:19:50 PM
I'm going with it's from an old god given the cthulhu mythos references that are already in the game
---
people who use terms like PAAGG and interactive movie should be hit with sticks
PSN/steam jrr101
#5EarthshakerPosted 11/5/2013 3:38:21 PM
silentzed posted...
Sounds like a fairly good theory. I had only noticed the whole fleshy look of everything and the fact the Crimson chasms always looked like hands with outstretched (and sometimes warped) fingers reaching into the earth and the gigantic bones in the background, but made no connection between everything else associated with the Crimson other than it seemed somewhat theme centered around fleshy stuff.

They seem more like tumors in the landscape to me. Or possibly a mouth in the landscape with an esophagial tunnel into the tumor of the stomach with the spidery veins going in all directions.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
Sproink.
#6DrCiddPosted 11/5/2013 5:02:31 PM
Really? The skull is one of the first things I noticed about the crimson.
I've done a really crude outline of the skull in red.
Hope this helps you spot it.

http://i.imgur.com/lcdmyta.jpg
---
I used to think my brain was my favorite part of my body...Then I realized what was making me think that!