This game is pretty bad...

#1exclusiveburnerPosted 3/22/2013 7:01:55 PM
As far as the alpha is concerned anyone wanting to get their hands on ARMA 3 in advance should really wait I didn't play much of ARMA 2 so I cannot judge how much better or worse it is, but overall the game just feels very dated. Graphics are great, but the gameplay is just plain bad. You could call it realistic but it's far from it. This game is far from a simulator.

I keep reading about the improved animations...while some look good...other's look horrible. And even the games best animations don't top other in it's class. On top of that what good are animations when the gameplay is bad?

Improved physics...sorry but this game in terms of physics acts as if it was made in 1999. There is nothing impressive about the physics implementation in this game. Enemies get hit with bullets and it's as if they don't even feel them. Then when you do get the kill they fall all lopsided and retarded. Nothing realistic about it at all. Vehicles also handle very poorly and any physics implementation is horrible at best.

Sound...well this is news to me but apparently every gun ever made sounds the same...improved voice overs...were the old ones computer voice overs or something? Nearly every command my guy gives out sounds like a robot on repeat.

I really don't know if this is just a very dated Alpha or a close representation of the beta/full game, but if it's even semi close then it's a damn near awful representation of a war simulator.

Of course the bread and butter here MP but it's nothing to brag about. Teaming up with people in co-op could be great but leaves a lot more to be desired. Wasteland is a good idea, but again leaves you wanting more.

I can't help but feel a bigger/better game company will come along, take all of ARMA's uniqueness and exploit it to the fullest and make a superior game with ease. There's plenty of potential here, but as far as this alpha is concerned the game needs a lot of work in every single area. I know you shouldn't judge an alpha so harshly, but I just don't see how they can make this into a game people can't wait for. It's just less then average in every aspect. I bought the game so I'll check back and play it every once in a while to see if it gets updated and what not, but as of now it's a pretty big disappointment.
#2giocarePosted 3/22/2013 9:57:12 PM(edited)
I guess you've never played ArmA or Operation Flashpoint (not the newer Codemasters abominations) before or you'd recognize the big improvements even in the alpha. The series isn't for everyone though, it sounds like you'd be better served with another game.

As far as another company coming along and doing it better...it hasn't happened yet. The only developer I could see attempting it would be Eagle Dynamics.
#3Malkovich_Posted 3/25/2013 1:17:47 PM
This game is far from a simulator.

Except it is though, the military version of the series, Virtual Battle Space, has used been used by militaries around the world for training purposes for years now.

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/04/10/242394/size0.jpg

---
Malkovich
#4metroid331Posted 3/27/2013 7:16:11 PM
If you didn't like Arma 2 you won't like this. Its a military simulator not Call of Duty, If you want a run and gun shooter play Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor. This game is nothing like those games but that does not automatically make it bad, I prefer this game as it is a better alternative for a true shooter rather than the generic action ones that are out today.

Have i played call of duty, yes, I own every game on the PC from Cod 4 to the newest as well as Cod 3 for PS2. Do I play battlefield, yes. I own Battlefield 2, 2142, BC2 and 3 for the PC as well as I am going to buy 4 when it is out.

That being said Arma is in no way, shape or form anything similar to those. From your viewpoint you want Arma to be those games with flashy graphics, sounds, and animations with destruction. Arma is not those games, It povides as real war simulation as it is possible to make, hence real militaries use it to train their soldiers, which was the reason Arma 2 was created at the time of its release.

The problems you have with hit boxes not working is a glitch as the game is in Alpha.

When this game hits Beta a majority of the issues will be gone. If your still disappointed by then you bought the game hoping it was more like the other shooters on the market. They will be there for you when you decide this game isn't for you but don't bash Arma 3 saying its bad on a forum. This game is geared towards people who enjoy military sims, i.e Arma 2 which this game is a huge improvement on so far and its only in Alpha phase.
---
Prof. Membrane: "Son,There better not be any walking dead up there!"
Dib: "Nothing to worry about dad, and i said i was sorry about that!"
#5ShadowglazePosted 3/30/2013 6:58:06 AM
TC clearly doesn't know much about the Arma series. I will say it's not for everyone.
#6EpicKingdom_Posted 4/20/2013 8:52:51 PM
The clunky movement feels just like Operation Flashpoint...
---
A fat joke a day keeps episode 3 away.
FX-4100 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Antec 300 | 1080p.
#7GaMEQB11Posted 4/23/2013 7:28:37 AM
you can blame the TC. I love ArMA2 and bought Arma3- but i can definitely see how it could turn most people off.

Hopefully you will come back to it with a different mind-set and be able to appreciate it for what it is. This is NOT an action game. Its more of a strategic game with FPS controls.
#8MikaeelPosted 5/8/2013 9:02:54 PM
He does have a point, the UI still hasn't progressed much from the OF days and while the game looks better than ever, I can see a lot of issues already. As far as a sim goes, it's about as good as it gets in video gaming and they do a pretty realistic job of using the weapons, movements and vehicles accurately. Its a hard game and hard to get used to.
#9Strakadh_OFPosted 6/1/2013 4:16:43 PM
The only thing better than someone who offers an opinion on something they know nothing about, is someone who knows he is ignorant, points it out, says that his ignorance essentially invalidates his opinion, and then goes on to offer said worthless opinion.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#10Jon_MarstenPosted 6/10/2013 3:40:31 PM
exclusiveburner posted...
As far as the alpha is concerned anyone wanting to get their hands on ARMA 3 in advance should really wait I didn't play much of ARMA 2 so I cannot judge how much better or worse it is, but overall the game just feels very dated. Graphics are great, but the gameplay is just plain bad. You could call it realistic but it's far from it. This game is far from a simulator.

I keep reading about the improved animations...while some look good...other's look horrible. And even the games best animations don't top other in it's class. On top of that what good are animations when the gameplay is bad?

Improved physics...sorry but this game in terms of physics acts as if it was made in 1999. There is nothing impressive about the physics implementation in this game. Enemies get hit with bullets and it's as if they don't even feel them. Then when you do get the kill they fall all lopsided and retarded. Nothing realistic about it at all. Vehicles also handle very poorly and any physics implementation is horrible at best.

Sound...well this is news to me but apparently every gun ever made sounds the same...improved voice overs...were the old ones computer voice overs or something? Nearly every command my guy gives out sounds like a robot on repeat.

I really don't know if this is just a very dated Alpha or a close representation of the beta/full game, but if it's even semi close then it's a damn near awful representation of a war simulator.

Of course the bread and butter here MP but it's nothing to brag about. Teaming up with people in co-op could be great but leaves a lot more to be desired. Wasteland is a good idea, but again leaves you wanting more.

I can't help but feel a bigger/better game company will come along, take all of ARMA's uniqueness and exploit it to the fullest and make a superior game with ease. There's plenty of potential here, but as far as this alpha is concerned the game needs a lot of work in every single area. I know you shouldn't judge an alpha so harshly, but I just don't see how they can make this into a game people can't wait for. It's just less then average in every aspect. I bought the game so I'll check back and play it every once in a while to see if it gets updated and what not, but as of now it's a pretty big disappointment.

Haha, Kids these days.......
---
Green Elf now has.. Reflective Shots. Name the game???