Still difficult to play?

#1SpacedDuckPosted 8/8/2013 8:12:51 AM
I'm basing this off of the DAYZ game but I found DayZ almost impossible to figure out.

Between opening my inventory, figuring out what button does crouch or jump etc I got tired of it.

Does this game play more like a regular shooter in terms of controls.

I know this isn't a run and gun type game where you can mow everyone down etc.

I'm just hoping it's easier to use the controls.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#2Brass_EyePosted 8/9/2013 12:49:19 AM(edited)
It's still difficult in comparison with say COD or Battlefield but it's definitely easier than 2.

You need to play the tutorials especially on 2 to have any idea of what to do.
---
#3Koishi_KomeijiPosted 8/24/2013 11:59:19 AM
The controls are more intuitive, but to me the largest improvement they made was the "feel" of movement and interaction. In 2, it all felt jerky and clunky. In 3, it's a lot more natural.
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#4InsaneGeniusPosted 9/12/2013 3:14:01 PM
game is perfect finally. it's finally the infantry simulation I've always desired
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5Hellfire-1Posted 9/20/2013 5:54:07 AM
Welcome to ARMA lol.

In a way, I'm grateful for the convoluted control scheme, as it keeps the community mostly free of hyperactive prepubescent kids, and also serves as the first trial into the game IMO.

If you don't have enough patience to learn the controls, you'd never have the patience for the pacing of ARMA anyway. So it's a nice hurdle to keep out the complainers I guess, in a twisted sort of way. :P

Best of luck learning the controls mate, they're not too bad, hope you end up loving ARMA as much as me!
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#6Kosba_2142Posted 9/21/2013 11:51:39 AM
Hellfire-1 posted...
Welcome to ARMA lol.

In a way, I'm grateful for the convoluted control scheme, as it keeps the community mostly free of hyperactive prepubescent kids, and also serves as the first trial into the game IMO.

This so hard.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#7thatfool12GsPosted 10/2/2013 2:04:31 AM
Yes, it is very difficult. If you want instant gratification stay away from Arma. It's when you combine all of the control conventions into an immersive experience while raiding an objective with friends that you will come to appreciate the options available. There are multiple types of lean around corner options for god sakes.

Play the variety of showcase missions and you will learn soon enough.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU