Ok. So why can't this be release on consoles? Hardware limitations?

#1Massiv3_CrabsPosted 9/20/2013 1:28:55 AM
I call bull.
---
Shaq, the mighty conqueror razes the fields of his adversaries. His eyes tormenting the unlawful, and calming the innocent. He is The Enforcer of Justice
#2Hellfire-1Posted 9/20/2013 6:32:05 AM
You're joking right???

I can't even imagine the headache of a control scheme that would have, and besides, the console fanboys wouldn't have the patience to play ARMA anyhow, and jump right back to CoD or something.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#3Massiv3_Crabs(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:48:29 PM
Hellfire-1 posted...
You're joking right???

I can't even imagine the headache of a control scheme that would have, and besides, the console fanboys wouldn't have the patience to play ARMA anyhow, and jump right back to CoD or something.

So... The control is hindering this game from coming to consoles? What could possibly be so complex that this would not work on a game controller? Mission editing would be the only feature I would find difficult too manage.
---
Shaq, the mighty conqueror razes the fields of his adversaries. His eyes tormenting the unlawful, and calming the innocent. He is The Enforcer of Justice
#4Kosba_2142Posted 9/21/2013 12:50:19 PM
You have not played Arma, or are ignorant... or something.. Trying to Map Arma's controls... ridiculous. Mission Editing would be the easy part if anything, there's just FAR too many controls, to put on a standard controller.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#5Massiv3_Crabs(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 10:39:32 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
You have not played Arma, or are ignorant... or something.. Trying to Map Arma's controls... ridiculous. Mission Editing would be the easy part if anything, there's just FAR too many controls, to put on a standard controller.

I have been playing Operation Flashpoint since 2001. I've been a fan of the series for 12 years now. That being said I purchased OF Elite on the Xbox, and the controls worked great. No limitations what so ever. Which is why I ask you what ARE the far to many controls? I don't think you could explain because you have no reason.
---
#6xXHighBoostXxPosted 9/22/2013 9:03:22 AM
I have always used a controller "usually 360" for my pc and arma 2 and 3 play just fine with a controller. However I have to use xpadder to map for arma3.

I think the devs are too lazy to map a decent config for controllers imo. Seeing as how their default 360 controller config is is missing basic actions.

I totally think arma 3 could be ported to next gen systems and also know from experience that it can be played with a controller if someone takes the time to map all the commonly used commands but Agree it would likely loose some actions from lack of buttons.

Honestly though I dont know if this game would even pass Microsoft's quality control with all of its issues right now lol. And its such a niche market would it even be worth it for them?
#7MattSFfrdPosted 9/30/2013 1:39:54 PM
i really can't imagine mapping all this to a controller...where do you put everything? also the flexibility of PC is what makes this game great, it really wouldn't work on a console unless it's extremely dumbed down.
---
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/950337/smith2.gif http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1348847/jimmy_spit.gif
#8thatfool12GsPosted 10/2/2013 2:58:46 AM
The game is all about modability which is not a strength for consoles. The game makes money off the diehard Arma players in the PC community where Bohemia would need to spend additional money to port to consoles, only to hope it would catch on with that crowd. They would probably lose money in that venture.

Just makes more sense to keep it on PC.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#9MattSFfrdPosted 10/2/2013 6:28:42 AM
i also couldn't imagine aiming in this game with a joystick...it would have to be way dumbed down or have some kind of lock-on (lol)
---
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/950337/smith2.gif http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1348847/jimmy_spit.gif
#10EzsprinterPosted 10/24/2013 9:42:06 PM
Guess ill bring this topic back to life because I have 2 big videogame dreams. #1 is 2K getting the NFL license back and #2 is for Arma to come to consoles. So many games have come over from PC to the inferior consoles and now we have a newer more powerful gen coming. Im sure it would be complexed but if they saw $ they would find a way to figure it out. I would gladly take a dumbed down version even if it meant having the controls of ghost recon future soldier which for a console shooter is pretty dynamic. But to be honest I dont think it would sell enough to justify the development. I miss my classic rainbow six games and nothing on console can compare besides operation flashpoint which is good but isnt very polished. And for those of you hardcore fans already with PCs i doubt you would even buy the console version over it.