Worth getting?

#1GourryGabriev25Posted 10/18/2013 11:42:10 AM
I lately been wondering and after watching a YouTube video of Arma 2 game-play i felt like i might like this but want to now if Arma 3 is like Arma 2 or should i get Arma 2? I like the idea of the strategy needed as well as the various views and from what saw in the video i watched the teamwork needed and so on. so would love to hear opinions on this game form those who have it
#2Hellfire-1Posted 10/18/2013 1:31:00 PM
Well, let me put it this way... I've had ARMA 3 for about 3 months now, and put over 160 hours into it already. It has taken over my mind, body, and soul. :P

In seriousness though, it's absolutely fantastic. If you like how ARMA 2 looks and plays, get ARMA 3, no question about it. It's slow, tactical, team based game play, and it's got one of the best communities out there.

Not to mention it has a TON of quality user generated content on the workshop.

The only word of warnings:

1.) The controls are a ***** to learn, but once you get the hang of them it becomes second nature.

2.) The editor is not new user friendly. Unless you either have experience with VBS or prior ARMA mission creation under your belt, be prepared to spend hours looking up tutorials, and then a few hours more trying to learn the quirks that there are no tutorials for.

Other than that though, ARMA 3 has become my all time favorite game on PC, no question.

If you're going to play on multiplayer though, having a mic is important, so I'd invest in one if you haven't got one already.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#3drew4793Posted 10/19/2013 6:18:32 PM
I'd be inclined to say yes, buy this if you enjoy ARMA 2, or how ARMA 2 looks.

It's basically the same thing, only better!