DA3 at E3?

#11MasterViVi2Posted 3/26/2012 3:02:47 AM
Well sure they've had some issues lately, DA2 was one big eff up on many levels and ME3 has a very disappointing ending but BWs screw ups are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Da2 was still pretty decent, when it's not compared to Origins, and ME3 is amazing up until the end..

People just take it waaaaaaay too seriously.
---
FPS fans are the douchiest and RPG fans are the whiniest. Gamers need to grow up.
GT: IHazCandy4you
#12MrRGerkPosted 3/26/2012 12:15:20 PM
MasterViVi2 posted...
Well sure they've had some issues lately, DA2 was one big eff up on many levels and ME3 has a very disappointing ending but BWs screw ups are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Da2 was still pretty decent, when it's not compared to Origins, and ME3 is amazing up until the end..

No, not really.

DA2 was insulting.

If we see DA3 this E3, I expect to see even less environments. I expect to see a game that makes even less sense. Hell, the entire game may take place within a single keep/castle with continous magically appearing waves of spiders/bandits attacking the walls for 8 hours.
#13interceptor7Posted 3/28/2012 6:50:58 AM
Wether they show it at E3 would depend on if they fix ME 3's ending. If they do right by the gamers then I say yeah we just might.. If not, they'll still be doing damage control in june. I have lost some faith in bioware, they used to be my top game developers. That has now gone to UbiSoft. There is still a chance to redeem themselves tho.
#14MasterViVi2Posted 3/28/2012 10:10:44 AM
MrRGerk posted...
MasterViVi2 posted...

No, not really.

DA2 was insulting.

If we see DA3 this E3, I expect to see even less environments. I expect to see a game that makes even less sense. Hell, the entire game may take place within a single keep/castle with continous magically appearing waves of spiders/bandits attacking the walls for 8 hours.

Thank you for proving my point. They out a subpar game and you're insulted?? Yes, some out you take these things far too seriously.
---
FPS fans are the douchiest and RPG fans are the whiniest. Gamers need to grow up.
#15MrRGerkPosted 3/29/2012 8:03:41 PM
MasterViVi2 posted...
MrRGerk posted...
MasterViVi2 posted...

No, not really.

DA2 was insulting.

Thank you for proving my point. They out a subpar game and you're insulted?? Yes, some out you take these things far too seriously.

What makes you think I'm over-reacting because I feel insulted? Many people ore-ordered DA2 partly in good faith because of Bioware's good name. They didn't even try to make a decent game. They sold us a terrible, dumbed down version of the game they promised us.

Imagine you're out on the town and you go to a nice, upscale restaurant and order a $75 steak entre. When your meal finally arrives, you're served a "fresh from the microwave", frozen, salisbury steak TV dinner.

That is what I would call insulting.

That is what Bioware did. They deliberately sold a crappy, half-assed product and hoped that their fans wouldn't notice. They were just out to make a quick buck, absolutely no respect for their loyal fans.

DA2 sent out a pretty clear message. Bioware cares more about profits than they do making quality games and keeping their fans happy. I guess EA did them well.
#16FraustPosted 3/30/2012 1:06:29 PM
Oh come on. I have no faith in BioWare but there is no way they will compound the mistakes of DA2 even more in DA3. Also they were pretty up front about what they were offering with DA2. I knew I was not going to get a worthy follow up to DAO but I also knew we were getting an ok game all the same. Vivi is right in this, despite all the flaws DA2 is no where near as bad as people make it out to be. Most problems stem from it being DA2 and not living up to the first game.

What really gets me is the bone head choices BioWare makes that are so obvious I can not fathom how they happen. Things like the reused areas in DA2, the way the story just kind of falls apart at the end of DA2 and how they handled the end of the Mass Effect trilogy. Now I am hearing they will not really be bothering to finish Hawkes story despite the way DA2 ended and that they might even forgo importing DAO/DA2 save data into DA3 at all. I really do not like the sound of stuff like that.
#17MasterViVi2Posted 3/31/2012 5:25:27 AM
Because it's a video game.. And your offended by it.. And it's a videogame..

Outside of the reused areas issue pretty much all the negative things about DA2 had been stated before, like Fraust said. We knew about not being able to pick a race, we knew about having a voiced main character(I disagree that this is an issue, for the record). There were also some good qualities to DA2 that people like to over look because it's more fun to b**** and moan about how BioWare hates it's fans.

The one issue I truely agree on is the Mass Effect 3 ending. It needs more closure, otherwise it would have been great.
---
#18MrRGerkPosted 3/31/2012 10:50:19 PM
MasterViVi2 posted...
Because it's a video game.. And your offended by it.. And it's a videogame..

Outside of the reused areas issue pretty much all the negative things about DA2 had been stated before, like Fraust said. We knew about not being able to pick a race, we knew about having a voiced main character(I disagree that this is an issue, for the record). There were also some good qualities to DA2 that people like to over look because it's more fun to b**** and moan about how BioWare hates it's fans.

The one issue I truely agree on is the Mass Effect 3 ending. It needs more closure, otherwise it would have been great.

Could you at least try to give me a reason why it is strange for someone to be "insulted" by a video game.

To clarify, I need you to explain what the difference is between a video game and any other product or service that someone may be insulted by if they feel they've been ripped off.
#19MasterViVi2Posted 4/1/2012 9:54:31 PM
Maybe its just that I don't take offense to things the way you're describing. The way I had been interpreting people's reactions to BW was that they were feeling insulted by them similar to how someone might feel if they were passed over for a job promotion or a teenager does when a popular kid makes fun of them.

To me if I like a product than great. If I don't than I move on. For me DA2 has enough pros to out weigh the cons. For me ME3 was excellent out side of the epilogue they forgot to include at the end.

I guess I can see how people could say 'it's insulting that BW would think we wouldn't notice they re-used environments in DA2'. but that would still be overly dramatic because I doubt BW thought they were pulling over a good one on us, they just didn't think we would care as much. Not intelligent on their part, but hardly insulting..
---
#20blargarificPosted 4/2/2012 9:30:29 AM
Personally I liked Dragon age 2. I found the companions were much better written in it than in Dragon age Origins. I agree that mass effect 3 was disappointing at the end though. As for the reused dungeons in dragon age 2 I just wasn't all that bothered by it I mean it does show a huge sign they took a shortcut and were just too lazy to design new maps but i didn't find it took away from the story as a whole and if i remember correctly they even poke fun at in the game. The dwarf says something like all these years and this place never changes why do we keep coming back here? *while at the coast map*. On the whole though dragon age 2 was definitely worth buying. People buy it play it spend 30 + hours with it sometimes play through it again and then nitpick it and demand their money back? That's the real insult right there if you ask me.I look forward to dragon age 3 and just hope it doesn't have a space magic ending like mass effect did.