Tactics help.

#1TyrantLowKeyPosted 4/1/2012 4:28:03 PM
Anyone know where to get some tactics help? I am trying to play a certain way but I can't figure out how to set up my team to do so. I though organized was the best way to play but I want my right backs to make overlapping runs but they never do. I used to have a link to a site where they talked about how to set up tactics but I lost the link. Anyone have it?
---
All time greats: FFX Int., Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), Tales of Graces F, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360)
#2bionicman_3090Posted 4/1/2012 7:20:17 PM
It's all about setting their work-rates to reflect how you want them to behave on the pitch.

If you want your full-backs to go forward during attack, set their work-rate to High attack and direct the arrow in the Player Position accordingly.

Counter-Attacking doesn't always work in getting your full-backs to charge forward but High Pressure works well in this regard.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#3TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 8:52:50 PM
I see. It's funny I do that for my midfield but they still seem to stay up front and never track back on defense (I usually do medium attack, and high defense). What gives? What tactical situation would that work under? Ball control?
---
All time greats: FFX Int., Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), Tales of Graces F, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360)
#4WorthzPosted 4/2/2012 10:58:19 AM
http://www.halln.co.uk/fifa/understandingcustomtactics.htm

That's pretty useful
---
"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness."
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/TastyBurger.
#5bionicman_3090Posted 4/2/2012 6:43:56 PM
TyrantLowKey posted...
I see. It's funny I do that for my midfield but they still seem to stay up front and never track back on defense (I usually do medium attack, and high defense). What gives? What tactical situation would that work under? Ball control?

That's 'cause almost all automatic control over your AI team mates that you used to have in previous FIFA games have been removed in FIFA 12. If you want your midfielders to fall back immediately, you're going to have to manually take control of one of your midfielder closest to the ball and track back yourself while holding the Team Mate Contain button.

From Pro difficulty onwards, the AI counter-attacks quite well and hence if you get caught out of the position, do what I said or take control of your defenders and delay the opposition until your midfielders arrive to help you.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
#6TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 12:18:15 PM
Bump. Thanks for the help so far.
---