Sony hastily sells stock in Square Enix, how should Nintendo react.

#41Robo-sanPosted 4/22/2014 11:56:36 AM
darkphiresage posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Questionmarktarius posted...
Naruto posted...
Wii U already has DQX.

Unfortunately, Square-Enix has interpreted the disappointing sales figures as everything other than "subscription fees killed it".

Isn't that how SE interprets everything? "Oh people don't like the FF13 games? Maybe they didn't get enough of them. Make 2 more games!"

I thought they kept making em since JP peeps love lightning? At least that's what someone told me, so I assumed 13 sold well over there...I didn't care enough to check. >_>

Japan takes anything with Final Fantasy in the title. It's not Lightning.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/lucmiceli
#42AceMosPosted 4/22/2014 12:00:06 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Nintendo doesn't need to do anything its just another sign of Sonys financial issues.

Lol no.

Sony dumping SE stock shows that SE may be having problems, not Sony.

Sony was going to run out of office buildings to sell off. It looks like they had to resort selling shares to avoid being in the red.

That said though, Square Enix had problems....which they are recognizing now.

You still don't sell off shares of a profitable stock if there's room for improvement, even in financial troubles.

Sony wouldn't have sold their SE stock if they didn't believe that SE wasn't going in a direction that would prove to be profitable. If they DID need to sell off shares of stock to help with their financial issue, and SE was still profitable, they would have sold off the shares of their less profitable ventures.

Still, none of this means anything. SE will still develop for both Sony and Microsoft, as well as Nintendo when opportunities arise.

SE only develops games for nintendo when they know nintendo will foot the bill for its localization
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#43xoftheuniversePosted 4/22/2014 12:06:07 PM
Other: Buy Capcom.
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#44TomoEK9Posted 4/22/2014 12:09:18 PM
darkphiresage posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Naruto posted...
Wii U already has DQX.

Unfortunately, Square-Enix has interpreted the disappointing sales figures as everything other than "subscription fees killed it".

Isn't that how SE interprets everything? "Oh people don't like the FF13 games? Maybe they didn't get enough of them. Make 2 more games!"

I thought they kept making em since JP peeps love lightning? At least that's what someone told me, so I assumed 13 sold well over there...I didn't care enough to check. >_>

No it didn't. The Japanese hated the FF13 franchise as much as us. FF13-3 even tried to essentially appeal to the casual Japanese gamer by turning it into a dress-up game.
#45icarus231Posted 4/22/2014 12:20:24 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Nintendo doesn't need to do anything its just another sign of Sonys financial issues.

Lol no.

Sony dumping SE stock shows that SE may be having problems, not Sony.

Sony was going to run out of office buildings to sell off. It looks like they had to resort selling shares to avoid being in the red.

That said though, Square Enix had problems....which they are recognizing now.

Tokyo power and light told sony to pay up or lose their power. They sold off vaio and still had a past due balance so they sold their stake in SE. Maybe they can get Nintendo to float them a loan.
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#46darkphiresagePosted 4/22/2014 12:20:27 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Naruto posted...
Wii U already has DQX.

No it didn't. The Japanese hated the FF13 franchise as much as us. FF13-3 even tried to essentially appeal to the casual Japanese gamer by turning it into a dress-up game.

I just watched combat of 13 on youtube. Looks like a modern Grandia battle system and I loved that game. I don't see the harm in trying it, so I'll pick up 13 from the bargain bin. I hear you on 13-3 though. It didn't take me very long to trade in X-2...and by that I mean approximately 5 minutes after hitting "new game".
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#47TomoEK9Posted 4/22/2014 1:18:48 PM
darkphiresage posted...

I just watched combat of 13 on youtube. Looks like a modern Grandia battle system and I loved that game. I don't see the harm in trying it, so I'll pick up 13 from the bargain bin. I hear you on 13-3 though. It didn't take me very long to trade in X-2...and by that I mean approximately 5 minutes after hitting "new game".

FF13 played like a super dumbed down Grandia. You have no control over your character's movement, and the other members of your party are controlled by AIs.

You can choose to attack, use magic and stuff, but after the animation if your character needed to reposition, you have no control of that.
#48Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/22/2014 1:23:24 PM
FF13 demonstrates everything I dislike about "modern gaming." It's hard for me to take those platforms seriously when that is what was shoveled out since last-gen.