I'm worried about this console...

#1HomeporkIsBackPosted 5/28/2011 7:27:09 AM
I feel like with the financial success of the Wii, Nintendo will continue with the gimmicks. You can already see this with the 3DS.

*sigh*

I really want a Nintendo console that appeals to gamers, that will have some awesome games that aren't gimmicky, and will put the big N back on top of the gaming world.
---
2011 New York Yankees: 27-22
Everyone on CE is highly unlikeable, except Homepork, he's boss. - soulunison2
#2GamerJMPosted 5/28/2011 10:46:20 AM
Few of the good games on these consoles are really hampered by "gimmicks" tbqh.
---
www.backloggery.com/gamerjm http://www.gifsoup.com/view5/2467848/akonsex-o.gif
"It's GamerJM, it doesn't have to makes sense or not"- CBM
#3knightimexPosted 5/28/2011 6:19:36 PM
HomeporkIsBack posted...
I feel like with the financial success of the Wii, Nintendo will continue with the gimmicks. You can already see this with the 3DS.

*sigh*

I really want a Nintendo console that appeals to gamers, that will have some awesome games that aren't gimmicky, and will put the big N back on top of the gaming world.

If you lrn2internet you will figure out that nintendo was like MEH with the wii and they admitted to it.

Cafe won't suck
---
Buttered Toast!
#4leeko_linkPosted 5/29/2011 2:30:17 AM
"I feel like with the financial success of the Wii, Nintendo will continue with the gimmicks. You can already see this with the 3DS.

I really want a Nintendo console that appeals to gamers, that will have some awesome games that aren't gimmicky, and will put the big N back on top of the gaming world."

WTF are you talking about, every games ever existed all have a gimmick of some kind. In the video gaming world, there's no such thing as a game w/o gimmick. So if they don't have gimmick, that just means you want them to be realistic as possible. Every games are based on ideas, whether those ideas are original or not: ideas = gimmicks, gimmicks = money, money = product, product = sales, sales = more customers, more customers = success, success = win. If every game is bound to be realistic and follow the same realistic patterns of gameplay then it surely will not sell and will flop faster than any copy of ET.
#5Gigahart_gaylorPosted 5/29/2011 9:54:29 AM
knightimex posted...
HomeporkIsBack posted...

*sigh*

If you lrn2internet you will figure out that nintendo was like MEH with the wii and they admitted to it.

Cafe won't suck

itt: not knowing every single bit of gaming news ever = not knowing how to "internet".
---
My buddy's gaming blog: http://usedgamers.blogspot.com/
Gamefaqs: Now more /v/ than /v/.
#6BrownBearKingPosted 5/29/2011 10:39:18 AM
leeko_link posted...

WTF are you talking about, every games ever existed all have a gimmick of some kind. In the video gaming world, there's no such thing as a game w/o gimmick. So if they don't have gimmick, that just means you want them to be realistic as possible. Every games are based on ideas, whether those ideas are original or not: ideas = gimmicks, gimmicks = money, money = product, product = sales, sales = more customers, more customers = success, success = win. If every game is bound to be realistic and follow the same realistic patterns of gameplay then it surely will not sell and will flop faster than any copy of ET.

Calm down. TC just wants a gaming console. As do many people. He wants Nintendo to be a little bit more traditional.
---
The Best song/story ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yAw6KfAZUs
#7andodelPosted 5/29/2011 10:55:22 AM
BrownBearKing posted...
leeko_link posted...

Calm down. TC just wants a gaming console. As do many people. He wants Nintendo to be a little bit more traditional.

I see your point, but if they were more "traditional", we'd be using a "Epically Super Duper Nintendo Entertainment System" instead of the Wii.
#8nogaemsPosted 5/29/2011 11:16:31 AM
I think the OP is on to something. The analog stick was a gimmick on the N64.
---
PSN: NT-9000
See me after class.
#9BrownBearKingPosted 5/29/2011 11:23:45 AM
I liked the Wii personally. I was just clearing up what TC meant. I'm all for new things as long as it doesn't take away from the gaming.
---
The Best song/story ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yAw6KfAZUs
#10P4wn4g3Posted 6/5/2011 1:07:14 PM
That's why I'm probably not going to be buying anymore Nintendo products.

I used to be a hardcore Nintendo fanboy... there was a day when Nintendo was the company that made games that didn't suck. You kids might be too young to remember those days...
---
~(Certified Topic Killer)~
~Rank: Platinum (100% topic killing efficiency)