E3: Nintendo blindsiding 3DS and Wii?

#11SlausdPosted 5/31/2011 8:57:24 PM
ninty_fanboy posted...
GamerJM posted...
Are we really arguing about this? Really, the order of the conference is arbitrary. To Nintendo, having everything being convenient time-wise is probably just as important as surprising the audience at the right time when deciding what order to to put everything in. It's all going to happen in an hour or two, and at the end of the day it really doesn't matter.

Yes, we're really going at each other on this topic. It really has my blood boiling, I can't even believe someone would even conceive suggesting that the Cafe will be announce first, we must disagree with him!

It's a point of discussion, we're here to discuss things as arbitrary as they may seem.

Haha, yes it sure was getting heated in hear, glad we had a mediator come and calm things down.
---
The awkward fisherman does nothing but disturb the water.
#12dtoftePosted 6/1/2011 1:00:22 PM
I bet they're going to start with sales numbers and such.

Oh man, I am so excited for a new Nintendo Console!

Nintendo fanboy since 88 and counting.
---
Nintendo is good Nintendo is nice
Hey is that pizza hand me a slice
#13daitsuwamonoPosted 6/1/2011 4:10:32 PM
It's imperative that they play up the 3DS and announce related developments that will make the platform more attractive. They messed up the launch by failing to deliver any new AAA titles and failing to have any online features/services available on time.
#14Enigma149Posted 6/1/2011 6:40:14 PM
Here's my prediction for the order of the conference:

(Starts with Wii)
Skyward Sword
Pikmin 3, if not on Café
A random 1st party title
A random 2nd party title

(Goes to 3DS)
Mario Bros 3DS
Trailer showing upcomming titles, such as Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus, etc.
A third party "shovleware" game

(Intermission: Take your Bathroom Break Here!)
Sales numbers!
More sales numbers!

(Ends with Café)
Reggie: And now, the moment you have all been waiting for. Please help me welcome the President and CEO of Nintendo, Mr. Satoru Iwata!
*All lights go out. A single, white light appears in the center of the now smoke-covered stage as Iwata rises up from underneath, Café controller in hand* (okay, so that probably won't happen. But it'll still be epic).

Trailer showing off Café features
Pikmin 3 if not on Wii
Some major game we haven't heard of yet
Trailer showing off upcomming lineup
SSB4, if it exists. Otherwise, the major game mentioned earlier will be here.
#15darkstriker00Posted 6/1/2011 9:03:06 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Here's my prediction for the order of the conference:

(Starts with Wii)
Skyward Sword
Pikmin 3, if not on Café
A random 1st party title
A random 2nd party title

(Goes to 3DS)
Mario Bros 3DS
Trailer showing upcomming titles, such as Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus, etc.
A third party "shovleware" game

(Intermission: Take your Bathroom Break Here!)
Sales numbers!
More sales numbers!

(Ends with Café)
Reggie: And now, the moment you have all been waiting for. Please help me welcome the President and CEO of Nintendo, Mr. Satoru Iwata!
*All lights go out. A single, white light appears in the center of the now smoke-covered stage as Iwata rises up from underneath, Café controller in hand* (okay, so that probably won't happen. But it'll still be epic).

Trailer showing off Café features
Pikmin 3 if not on Wii
Some major game we haven't heard of yet
Trailer showing off upcomming lineup
SSB4, if it exists. Otherwise, the major game mentioned earlier will be here.

I was thinking more along the lines of they open the ceiling and the clouds part so that giant glowing hands and an army of cheribum descent and in those hands is Someone dressed up as mario who is carry the Project Cafe. Of course that might be a little over-the-top.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#16Yellowstone2012(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 5:31:39 AM
Good to see people's opinions.

However, I am basing Nintendo announcing and talking about Cafe first as the fact that it's a home console. I think reason why 3DS was saved for last was because it's a portable, plus the Wii had so many games last year that needed to be announced.

So, we're looking at one major Wii game (Zelda), MAYBE Pikmin 3 (doubt it), and one - three random games. Then 3DS has Super Mario, Star Fox 64, maybe Mario Kart 64 and a potential Pikmin title. (Pikmin 3 + Pikmin 3DS; on the "rumored" leaked list of Cafe games.
#17EoinPosted 6/2/2011 6:25:59 AM
Yellowstone2012 posted...
However, I am basing Nintendo announcing and talking about Cafe first as the fact that it's a home console. I think reason why 3DS was saved for last was because it's a portable, plus the Wii had so many games last year that needed to be announced.

3DS was featured last at the previous conference because it was the biggest news, not because it was a handheld.

The general aim with these conferences is to build up, with the least interesting stuff at the start and the most interesting at the end. That way, huge annoucements at the start of the conference don't overshadow the entire rest of the conference.

Café is the big news. It will be last.

I'm not sure how much of a point there is to predicting the order of the rest of the conference, but I'd guess Wii, DS, 3DS, Café.
#18Yellowstone2012(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 10:15:12 AM
Eoin posted...
Yellowstone2012 posted...

3DS was featured last at the previous conference because it was the biggest news, not because it was a handheld.

The general aim with these conferences is to build up, with the least interesting stuff at the start and the most interesting at the end. That way, huge annoucements at the start of the conference don't overshadow the entire rest of the conference.

Café is the big news. It will be last.

I'm not sure how much of a point there is to predicting the order of the rest of the conference, but I'd guess Wii, DS, 3DS, Café.

Thanks for explaining.

Well, we have five days to go. Let's see how it turns out. I can't wait to see Nintendo's HD console in action! Not to mention, their "new" online system.