Lego Call of Duty....

#1knightimexPosted 6/1/2011 10:06:59 PM
Can you see this game being made for Cafe?

At least then you get blown up your body parts actually fly off.
and your head comes off with every head shot.

I'd buy it.
---
Buttered Toast!
#2TheShining79Posted 6/1/2011 11:29:35 PM
Why would Lego want to do that?
---
sig.
#3Shugo841Posted 6/1/2011 11:46:32 PM
That is probably the worst idea for a lego game I've ever heard. But maybe that's just me.
#4knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 12:27:17 AM
Shugo841 posted...
That is probably the worst idea for a lego game I've ever heard. But maybe that's just me.

Explain.

It's stupid to just say it's dumb with out solid reason.
If you have no reason then you just lost all credit to comment any further.
---
Buttered Toast!
#5PokeclipsePosted 6/2/2011 12:37:13 AM
Lego Gear Solid.

Bet on it. It'd be comic gold. *Imagines Metal Gear REX shattering into thousands of tiny bricks*
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#6Shugo841Posted 6/2/2011 1:32:59 AM
knightimex posted...
Explain.

It's stupid to just say it's dumb with out solid reason.
If you have no reason then you just lost all credit to comment any further.

Little touchy, are we? :p Besides, it's not like you really provided any reason for it to be good, outside of some need to see heads flying. In fact, you gave no premise for how the game would work at all, just that it'd be Lego Call of Duty.

Well, first off, for it to have a proper Lego feel it really needs that top-down view, or maybe even 3rd person; as soon as those perspectives are used, you lose the CoD feeling. There isn't really any sort of environmental distinction that would allow it to still "feel" like a CoD game like what you have with Star Wars or Harry Potter. You feel like a less serious part of those universes in those games; I just can't see that happening with CoD. So it'd have to be an FPS in that regard, and then it's not really a Lego game, it's just a shooter with screwed up physics.

Also, the Lego games are meant to be accessible to all ages; CoD is not in the slightest. It's meant to be violent, not playful. So you kind of ostracise one of your normal Lego target audiences immediately.

And there wouldn't really be any room for interesting level design, which is another big part of Lego games. Battlefields aren't exactly built for Lego; nothing to build, nothing to destroy. And it's not CoD without a battlefield or two.

And just to assume we go with a more CoD-like perspective, why would anyone want a CoD game with blocky graphics? I can't think of a particularly good mechanism to use any Lego aspect of the name besides graphical style, so that's really all it'd be. CoD with bullets the size of your head and guys falling apart when they get shot. It'd be like a shooter for 5 year olds. Not that that's inherently a bad thing, I just don't see it really being able to work for either the CoD audience or the Lego audience.

Really, the games are just too different. Lego games are adventure games, not shooters. CoD games are shooters, not adventure games. But again, maybe that's just me and you have some crazy concept cooked up in your head you're not telling us.
#7knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 1:54:13 AM
Typical cookie cutter response.

Think out side the box please.
---
Buttered Toast!
#8xCha0sPosted 6/2/2011 2:41:08 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohna8xVNZ4&feature=related
#9Starwars4JPosted 6/2/2011 7:25:56 AM
LEGO has a specific policy against producing modern war products of any kind. Bam.

Also lmao, CoD's main audience is younger than even that of most LEGO games.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10Auzzie_WingmanPosted 6/2/2011 7:31:30 AM
Shugo841 posted...
That is probably the worst idea for a lego game I've ever heard.

Trust me, there's been worse.
---
---The Unofficial Helpful Troll of the 3DS Boards--- 3DS Friend Code: 1246 - 8736 - 6899
I'm a ninja. I like to jump, throw knives, and play the violin!