Something I Hope Nintendo Learns

#1Yellowstone2012Posted 6/2/2011 6:42:27 PM
I hope Nintendo "borrows" what Modders have created. AKA, level creators. Pikmin 3, Mario, and Mario Kart should have level / track creators by default. For Pikmin 3, the level creator could be for both Battle and Challenge modes.

I'm not talking about some crappy level creator like the one in SSBB. I'm hoping for a full-fledged level creator, on the level of Blast Works, where you could have advanced options such as basic modeling (3d primitives), and a texture and object library. (Pikmin = Onions, Pellets, Items, Enemies, Marbles, etc)

This would really make those games "Hardcore" and bring a long re-playability.
#2Gam3rJMPosted 6/2/2011 7:41:12 PM
I don't think user-created content is something that Nintendo would ever focus on. Nintendo is a developer that focuses on creating a good core game, and puts things like user-created content last.
---
http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/2594428/divtonpokemon-o.gif www.backloggery.com/gamerjm "6000 > a million"-Ether_Strike
#31stbasemanbeckPosted 6/2/2011 8:15:31 PM
Yeah I have to say I'm a sucker for creating things. I love the mapmaker in the Timesplitters games and create enough of my own wrestlers in wrestling games that I use them exclusively and don't bother with the real ones.
---
NIER has become my favorite game of all time. It may not be perfect but it sure has the best story and music. Please go buy it new if you can, it's like $10.
#4xCha0sPosted 6/2/2011 8:18:14 PM
nintendo was jealous of little big planet being sony exclusive
#5nasumiPosted 6/2/2011 8:59:26 PM
Sony and the PC community seem to be the only two that are really pushing the user content, and that being said I doubt Nintendo will join them. Nintendo seems to be a generation or two behind on some mainstream ideas (online, HD, format, etc.).
#6_l_l_l_l_l_l_l_Posted 6/2/2011 9:02:57 PM
YES
brawl had so much more potential with a good level editor
hell any game can benefit from an advanced level editor/creator
---
Not changing sig till I feel like it.
Started: who cares
#7leeko_linkPosted 6/3/2011 8:32:34 AM
"I hope Nintendo "borrows" what Modders have created. AKA, level creators. Pikmin 3, Mario, and Mario Kart should have level / track creators by default. For Pikmin 3, the level creator could be for both Battle and Challenge modes.

I'm not talking about some crappy level creator like the one in SSBB. I'm hoping for a full-fledged level creator, on the level of Blast Works, where you could have advanced options such as basic modeling (3d primitives), and a texture and object library. (Pikmin = Onions, Pellets, Items, Enemies, Marbles, etc)

This would really make those games "Hardcore" and bring a long re-playability."

It's not like Nintendo doesn't offer it, they do offer level editors and track creator (though not a full-fledged feature) for some games like F-Zero GX, F-Zero Climax, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Excitebike, etc., but you had to realize not all games need a level editor or a track creator to be successful. When they created a specific game for a console like a platform or a racing game, they want to take full advantage of what the console had to offer by making the game fun and enjoyable and adding new ideas to the game.

For them to add a full-fledge level editor in the game would mean they would had to waterdown that a bit which I don't think they would want that. When gamers buy Nintendo games, they don't buy them so they could create their own version, they buy them so they could play them. Nintendo don't want gamers to be creators, they want gamers to know their role and play cuz they are the creators.
#8EndgamePosted 6/3/2011 11:12:09 AM
they did have a full fledged track editor with the F-Zero X expansion pack for the N64DD that never made it outside of Japan

why they never made one again, I'll never know
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert