ok so what was this i heard about portable gaming through the cafe controller?

#1MetalChimeraPosted 6/2/2011 5:43:05 PM
honestly i think i heard something wrong but somewhere i heard this rumor that you could import a cafe game into the controller and play it anywhere?

like wtf? im pretty sure i read something wrong, however cant find the article where i read this
---
For some inexplicable reason I find vegans attractive
HELL YEAH LIZARDMAN
#2Yellowstone2012Posted 6/2/2011 5:49:10 PM
Actually, it's rumored to stream the video output from the console to the controller; hence the rumored name "Stream" or "Beem". (thus the screen on the controller is just a receiver, nothing more, nothing less.)

Also correlates with the following statement from Mr. Iwata:
"but it will offer a new way of playing games within the home"
#3xCha0sPosted 6/2/2011 5:49:24 PM
its just a rumor.
#4MetalChimera(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 5:51:23 PM
Yellowstone2012 posted...
Actually, it's rumored to stream the video output from the console to the controller; hence the rumored name "Stream" or "Beem". (thus the screen on the controller is just a receiver, nothing more, nothing less.)

Also correlates with the following statement from Mr. Iwata:
"but it will offer a new way of playing games within the home"

neat, sounds pretty sick
---
For some inexplicable reason I find vegans attractive
HELL YEAH LIZARDMAN
#5daitsuwamonoPosted 6/2/2011 5:51:23 PM
There are definitely rumours that that a controller for the console will feature an integrated LCD screen that could display gameplay, I haven't heard about actually exporting games to it.
#6Enigma149Posted 6/2/2011 5:56:57 PM
Although the Café can only stream, not actually send the game into the controller, it would be an interesting concept. I can see someone playing a game on their system, sending the game into the controller, taking a plane, then sending teh game onto their friend's system. Maybe in the Ninth Generation...