What's the number one dead Nintendo franchise you want revived for Cafe?

#41CelebratoxPosted 6/4/2011 6:34:15 PM(edited)
Izick_the_Spy posted...
If you think Mario Galaxy has a generic style, then you're crazy.

The character designs? Without a doubt.

The levels were pretty and colorful, but the characters' 3D art style has been generic since Nintendo's first attempt. It's not that they suck, it's that they are intentionally done in a generic design to appeal to the most amount of people without offending anyone in particular's tastes. Take a look at any of the major Disney characters to see what I mean since Nintendo is just taking a page from them.

Don't get me wrong, 2D art can be just as generic if a corporation wants it to be, but at this point I'd just like Nintendo to do something 2D with Mario because I'm tired of the same generic 3D look he's had for the past fifteen years.

---
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k @4.5 GHz w/Antec Kuhler] Corsair 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Acer HN274H 27"] Windows 7 64] Corsair CMPSU-850HX] Nvidia 3D Vision
#42Izick_the_Spy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 6:36:46 PM
We must have different ideas of generic, because I see characters like Wall-E, Woody, and Sulley as iconic.
#43CelebratoxPosted 6/4/2011 6:42:53 PM
Indeed we do. I haven't been interested in anything from Disney or Pixar since childhood after I woke up to their methods of design that appeal to the lowest common denominator of mainstream.
---
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k @4.5 GHz w/Antec Kuhler] Corsair 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Acer HN274H 27"] Windows 7 64] Corsair CMPSU-850HX] Nvidia 3D Vision
#44ShyhHannPosted 6/4/2011 6:45:07 PM
franchises or series?
because there's a big difference between franchise and series
franchises we can basically expect to have a new game on a new system

series can be any run of games with sequels
even two games can be a series

well for franchises i would definently

like to see f-zero since it has been 7 years since we got a new one

starfox is not dead since it's gotten a game last generation and getting a new on soon
but still would love to see starfox in HD

for series
MOTHER would be cool to get another home console game but i think the creator doesn't want to make any more

Ouendan/EBA
those games were pretty firetrucking awesome
and since the project cafe is apparently adding a touch screen i don't see why not
#45jokingpeoPosted 6/4/2011 7:28:43 PM
This isn't a Nintendo franchise but Banjo-Kazooie expect with platforming. Not racing.
---
You know what they say about guys with big shoes.. big feet
You know what they say about guys with big feet... big socks
#46AkaneJonesPosted 6/4/2011 8:41:25 PM
Nazo no Murasame-Jou
Shin Onigashima
Ginga no Sannin
Solar Striker
X
Joy Mech Fight
Mole Mania
Doshin the Giant

It's like they never existed...
Next thing you know we are all playing a Mole Mania sequel.
Then all of a sudden a partnership with Square-Enix results in not a new Mario RPG, but a sequel to Alcahest. It was a Hal Labs game all along. Oh you guy can carry on. I've had my fun you can continue to suggest not going to happen Rare games like Killer Instinct or something.
#47sketchturnerPosted 6/4/2011 9:25:48 PM
Chibi Robo!!!!!!!! The one on GameCube was fantastic.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#48Banjo2553Posted 6/5/2011 12:28:32 AM
I was going to say that I couldn't think of anything, but yeah! I'd like to see an Eternal Darkness sequel.

Starfox/Pikmin/F-Zero as well. Though I don't think those really count as dead franchises since they only missed one console.
---
Here's my Backloggery!: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz