So where are all the Deny-ers that said it wouldn't be a FULL 6" Touchscreen?

#1RyuVegasPosted 6/4/2011 2:40:56 AM
Seriously you guys were hilarious on the Wii boards before Cafe came along. Now that its confirm EVERYONE has switched to praise.

I wonder about this site sometimes.
---
"If we can hit this Bullseye the rest of the Dominos will fall like a House of Cards... checkmate." ~ Zap Brannagin
#2ninty_fanboyPosted 6/4/2011 2:44:42 AM
I still doubt it'll be all of 6 inches. A screen the size of the DS one makes more sense to me.
---
Cardinal of the Zelda WT Board under rule of kamikazetomato.
vooks.net - Not just another shameless ad
#3RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 2:53:49 AM
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316949/wii-2-touch-screen-controller-confirmed-report

It's on the main page of Gamefaqs(at least at the time of my OP)

Today, the Nikkei news service (registration required) has confirmed one of the bigger rumors surrounding the console. As speculated, the console will have a controller with a six-inch touch screen at its center, allowing players to play games as they would on a tablet computer in conjunction with traditional game buttons.
---
"If we can hit this Bullseye the rest of the Dominos will fall like a House of Cards... checkmate." ~ Zap Brannagin
#4ninty_fanboyPosted 6/4/2011 3:17:08 AM
Yeah' Nikkei have reported it, not Nintendo. I rckon they've mostly got it right too. I guess I find it weird that the screen would be that big when I think a DS sized screen would do.

And we're not as bad collectively as the Gamespotters.
---
#5EoinPosted 6/4/2011 3:20:52 AM
ninty_fanboy posted...
I still doubt it'll be all of 6 inches. A screen the size of the DS one makes more sense to me.

There's a big gap between a DS screen (original DS and DS Lite had 3-inch screens) and the rumoured 6-inch screen on this controller.

If someone has enough details about the controller to know that it has a touchscreen in it, I find it hard to believe that they'd get the dimensions of the screen wrong by a factor of about 4.
#6ninty_fanboyPosted 6/4/2011 3:24:36 AM
We'll see won't we. ;)
---
#7ninty_fanboyPosted 6/4/2011 7:49:35 PM
Another thing, Nikkei also said the controller would act as a "portable game device". This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would Nintendo want to hurt 3DS sales even more?

Just because it's Nikkei, doesn't mean everything they say is automatically true, as much as Gamespot wants to believe that it is.
---
#8EoinPosted 6/5/2011 12:26:46 PM
ninty_fanboy posted...
Another thing, Nikkei also said the controller would act as a "portable game device". This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would Nintendo want to hurt 3DS sales even more?

Just because it's Nikkei, doesn't mean everything they say is automatically true, as much as Gamespot wants to believe that it is.

My inclination is that if this is true - and bear in mind of course that it may not be - "portable" really means "does not need to be hooked up to a TV". We're of course in wait-and-see mode, but I'd expect that Café's controller can play at least some games without needing a TV - but probably only when in range of the base console.
#9andodelPosted 6/5/2011 1:57:19 PM
Isn't six inches the same size as the DSi XL screen? That's not that big, and I could easily see that as a controller.
#10EoinPosted 6/5/2011 2:12:36 PM
andodel posted...
Isn't six inches the same size as the DSi XL screen? That's not that big, and I could easily see that as a controller.

The DSi XL's screen is 4.2 inches in size.

The proposed 6-inch screen on this controller is just over twice that size. I suppose you could turn the DSi XL sideways - the size of the two screens on it, combined, would be roughly the size of the 6-inch screen being rumoured here - though the aspect ratio would probably be wrong.