I think we all saw this coming years ago

#1Bigwig_rahPosted 6/5/2011 10:16:01 AM
1) Nintendo makes a killing with motion controls and casual games on the Wii.
2) Microsoft and Sony try to copy them but it's too late, the casual market has dried up.
3) Nintendo uses their mountains of cash to be first to market with next-gen console and win the next gen as well.

Seriously, I remember people predicting this back in like '06-'07. Funny that it's now coming to pass.
---
See You Space Cowboy...
#2Solid LinkPosted 6/5/2011 10:39:09 AM
I agree, although I think it's unusual that PS3 got the Wiimote-copy, and not PS4 like we all joked back when the Wiimote was first shown-off. Now we can't make a hilarious, and likely accurate, guess for what Sony/Microsoft will do with their next systems.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#3RolandofGileadPosted 6/5/2011 11:14:41 AM
Oh yes we can! I bet Sony and MS will end up trying to make systems with insane graphics just to try and 1-up Nintendo. This will result in astronomical console price, and will require developers to pour stupid amounts of money into making games for them. After both companies start losing money they'll do what they've always done: copy Nintendo.
#4RolandofGileadPosted 6/5/2011 11:20:47 AM
Oh and of course the only difference between these new systems and the current generation will be the graphics, cuz Sony & MS never take a chance with any kind of "innovations" until their system is already winding down (ie Kinect & Move).
#5P4wn4g3Posted 6/5/2011 11:32:23 AM
The Wii was actually a pretty huge failure on Nintendo's part. I'm convinced that the 360 has made way more money.

I did see the info leak, suspense, marketing ploys, etc. for the next system coming years ago. And I would be remiss to see Nintendo use the same trends with their games and overall system quality as they did with the Wii.

Then again, the Wii was so disappointing for me that I've lost faith in the company. I don't think I'll buy this one unless I'm sure it's good.
---
~(Certified Topic Killer)~
~Rank: Platinum (100% topic killing efficiency)
#6Banjo2553Posted 6/5/2011 11:49:30 AM

The Wii was actually a pretty huge failure on Nintendo's part. I'm convinced that the 360 has made way more money.

Then again, the Wii was so disappointing for me that I've lost faith in the company.

I think I know why you feel that Wii was a huge failure.
---
Here's my Backloggery!: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#7Solid LinkPosted 6/5/2011 12:16:53 PM
CuBes posted...

Ahaha, no but seriously. Wii profited from day one, whereas Microsoft didn't start making money off of the Xbox until the second or third year... not entirely positive on the timetable. In any case, Xbox is one of the many products that Microsoft traditionally breaks even on. Pretty much all of the company's profit comes from software sales. Xbox 360 has certainly been a lot better to them than Xbox was (as it actually cost them some millions of dollars, when all was said and done), but they're still second-place in the profits, even if you wish Nintendo took that place, because they let you down with Wii.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#8P4wn4g3Posted 6/5/2011 12:35:59 PM
Now come on, I'm sure that Xbox Live has made Microsoft truckloads of money. Still, it's a bit surprising to me that the Wii would outpace the 360. It must be popular in Japan.
---
#9gamermonkey017Posted 6/5/2011 1:17:41 PM

CuBes posted...
Now come on, I'm sure that Xbox Live has made Microsoft truckloads of money. Still, it's a bit surprising to me that the Wii would outpace the 360. It must be popular in Japan.
---

Xbox is actually the least popular system in Japan. Microsoft couldn't get many Japanese developers to make games.

#10knightimexPosted 6/5/2011 4:53:45 PM
Actually......

Sony is planning on doing something so mild it's actually dangerous.

The ps4 won't be as much of an investment like the ps3 was.

So basically ps4 will be the all mighty PS2 Reborn.
---
Truth about camping-
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/1719/camping.jpg