why can't nintendo just use a traditional controller?

#11Starwars4JPosted 6/5/2011 12:13:02 PM
Solid Link posted...
...Gamecube. It didn't have enough to differentiate it from the competition, which didn't help considering it was lacking some of the power needed for third-party multiplatforming (like Wii)

Bwuh? You realize the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, right? It was in second place in terms of power, not last. The Gamecube was a beast in it's own right. Were you even old enough to be around when the Gamecube was current?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#12Solid LinkPosted 6/5/2011 1:09:42 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Bwuh? You realize the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, right? It was in second place in terms of power, not last. The Gamecube was a beast in it's own right. Were you even old enough to be around when the Gamecube was current?

I just have to LOL at the bolded part because I'm old enough that I was around when NES was new. I knew I should've worded my post differently before I posted it, but I wasn't positive anyone would bwah over it. The lack of power I refer to is in the system's RAM. Gamecube outperforms PS2 in terms of processing and graphics, but it lacks in RAM, which the other two systems had more of (almost double in PS2 if I recall?). Whereas they can simply remove in-game elements to account for a weaker processor, reducing the RAM that a game engine requires is a much harder task.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD