So more gamecube graphics for another gen?

#1Motion_Type_SPosted 6/7/2011 10:15:17 AM
Seeing as this is the new console.... 6+ more years of the same gfx's? Isn't the next gen PS and xbox being announced next E3?
---
R.I.P. Garuda Server FFXI :(
FFXIV Server - Selbina
#2The_DK_CountryPosted 6/7/2011 10:15:44 AM
...they confirmed HD during the conference...
---
If you have a second to spare, check out my blog at geekcycle.blogspot.com. It's filled with all sorts of Nintendo news, rants and reviews.
#3Parisinflames78Posted 6/7/2011 10:17:08 AM
its going to be a beats of a system if the leaked specs are true it has the same GPU as a PS3 but with much faster clock speeds and 1.5 GB of ram if I remember the PS3 only has 256 MB of ram although i may be wrong on that. But if those specs are true its going to be able to amazing things.
#4Motion_Type_S(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 10:19:35 AM
BushMaster02 posted...
its going to be a beats of a system if the leaked specs are true it has the same GPU as a PS3 but with much faster clock speeds and 1.5 GB of ram if I remember the PS3 only has 256 MB of ram although i may be wrong on that. But if those specs are true its going to be able to amazing things.

Same GPU, too bad sony and MS will probably unveil their new systems next E3 with much faster hardware :/ Looks like Gamecube 3.
---
R.I.P. Garuda Server FFXI :(
FFXIV Server - Selbina
#5skibo8826Posted 6/7/2011 10:21:59 AM
Its not like something that I really have a problem with. I love the graphics on the current systems, so I would probably be just as happy with my gaming on a system that may be a generation behind, that would still look great.
---
GT: mashbaugh67
Nut up or Shut up
#6Parisinflames78Posted 6/7/2011 10:25:10 AM
its the same model as the ps3's GPU but GPU's are really all about clock speed and memory and the WII U's is leaps ahead of the PS3. It should be an amazing system and this is coming from someone who really hasn't enjoyed a nintendo system since SNES
#7MrMeTooPosted 6/7/2011 11:12:45 AM
What will projected development costs look like for Sony and Microsoft next gen though? Any ideas?
---
Member of Raider Nation, Sacramento Kings
#8darkjedilinkPosted 6/7/2011 11:16:52 AM
MrMeToo posted...
What will projected development costs look like for Sony and Microsoft next gen though? Any ideas?

If they try to make something leaps ahead, MS will take a major hit. Sony can't afford anything at all, with their gaming division running in the red since before they started working on the PS3.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
#9LaManoNeraIIPosted 6/7/2011 11:17:59 AM
The next big leaps in graphical quality will be made on the software front, not the hardware front. The next Sony and MS consoles can't get much more powerful while remaining affordable for the mass market. And it would be a waste to, anyway. Hardware is starting to hit a plataue in regards to gaming. The software has been left in the dust. Neither the 360 or PS3 have reached the limits of what they're capable of. And my PC hasn't really gotten to take advantage of its specs, either. Even with amazing looking games like Crysis 2 and Metro 2033.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009