NO L3 or R3 buttons

#61VenomRECPosted 6/12/2011 4:02:23 AM
I hated L3 & R3 for running in battlefield ugh my fingers payed the price.
---
DBZ BT3 [4941-4539-7422]
Psn:Venomreq
#62Double_DipperPosted 6/12/2011 4:03:08 AM
Classic controller with L3/R3 buttons would be fine by me.
---
Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger
Classic Sefirosu
#63The_JasterPosted 6/12/2011 4:12:53 AM
@Solis

It all works out fine with the CCP for wii Black ops so wiiU pad will be fine too. The only thing is jump & sprint is mapped to the same button BUT they rarely get in the way.

So, My original point stands, it is not a big deal.
---
"This my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is MINE"
#64TSR5521Posted 6/12/2011 4:25:53 AM
This is a good thing. The most frustrating thing in games for me is when the L3 and R3 buttons are used. I have died many times in games accidently pushing in one of the buttons.

Also, think what Too Human would have been like if they did not use the L3 and R3. It may have been a better game!
---
PS3/360 - NatMatt44
#65Double_DipperPosted 6/12/2011 5:10:55 AM

This is a good thing. The most frustrating thing in games for me is when the L3 and R3 buttons are used. I have died many times in games accidently pushing in one of the buttons.

It's a good thing to leave out controller functions as opposed to customizable controls in-game?
---
Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger
Classic Sefirosu
#66NESHeroPosted 6/12/2011 6:23:51 AM
imo Shoulder buttons are important. specially with shooters, even SNES had shoudler buttons
---
Uh, this is a wrestling match, not a mutual admiration society! - Jim Ross (WWF War zone N64 -1998)
#67NDSVIPPosted 6/12/2011 8:09:34 AM
CoD uses all the buttons, so the only other alternative is touching the screen. Since the PS3 had motion controls, motion sensing isnt always an alternative.
But what will you do in multiplayer, when you dont use the wiiU controller? That will decline in third party games even more. Im not buying any games that have 4 player multiplayer on ps3/xbox, but not on wiiU, or even if they make it assymetrical on wiiU. Who the F wants assymetrical mutliplayer on multiplatform games? The same applies to exclusives, but thats more acceptable because theres nothing to compare it to.

So if youre playing CoD with the classic controller for example, and you want it to do everything the PS3 version can, how will it work? No triggers, no analog buttons, no L3 or R3, no motion sensing. I dont think wiiU versions will ever be as good as the PS3 ones, the controls will be made worse and simpler like wii versions were (with no pointing, but dual shock instead of course).

The only other thing you could do with the classic controller to match the same outputs as PS3 games is to make pressing multiple buttons at once to do certain things. Eg, reload could be, idk 2 ohter buttons at the same time, eg crouch and melee.Or, they could make a 'shift' button, which if holded, changes what multiple buttons do. That way you can get everything in. Thats what the GC controller does in goldeneye.

But in any way, it always makes for worse multiplayer than PS3, nintendo really need to get 4 controllers in or this isnt going to change.
#68cwjakesteelPosted 6/12/2011 9:44:10 AM
Haven't you guys learned ANYTHING from watching E3?

You won't need to press R3 to aim through a scope.

You will hold the controller up to face you, infront of the TV, and the screen will be your scope.

You move the controller around to change where you look.
---
Goldeneye 007 FC: 3148-2274-1517
#69Solid LinkPosted 6/13/2011 12:01:33 AM
Okay, maybe lack of L3 and R3 on Classic Controller is a good point for something like CoD, but in the case of CoD... it would probably just use Wiimotes for local multiplayer, anyway. There already exists a control scheme for CoD on Wii that uses Wiimote and Nunchuk, and lacks both analog AND L3/R3. So that won't be a problem. And on the Wii U controller, you've got the touchscreen.

Those of you saying that it'll be inconvenient to stick existing L3/R3 actions from multiplatform games on the touchscreen aren't thinking: they don't HAVE to stick the particular action that's mapped to L3/R3 on the other systems, onto the touchscreen. They could put something else, like reload (which is generally a thing you do outside of combat) and another less-critical action on the touchscreen, and map the more important ones like knife and sprint to actual buttons, like the shoulder buttons. They don't have to have the identical button scheme from the other systems.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD