So what will happen when Sony/MS release their next console?

#1FlipManV3Posted 6/7/2011 11:14:36 AM
This is my biggest concern.

The Wii U will have a year or two before Sony or Microsoft releases their next console.

Will the power of this new console be enough to tide over with other next gen systems?
The specs are better than current gen systems, but will likely not hold for the next generation, therefore, Nintendo being behind again.
Will 3rd party bail ship on Nintendo once again after new powerhouses are built?
-
---
Now playing: Lunar Knights(DS), Mortal Kombat(PS3), Ridge Racer 3D(3DS)
Waiting for: Gears of War 3
#2Starwars4JPosted 6/7/2011 11:23:34 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
The specs are better than current gen systems, but will likely not hold for the next generation

So to prove you're not trolling, you can provide the exact specs of the Wii U to back up your claim, right?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3PokejedservoPosted 6/7/2011 11:27:11 AM
Will Sony did say that while the next Playstation will be stronger than the PS3 it won't be a major increase in power so we can't be too sure.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#4RexallTheUnbounPosted 6/7/2011 11:27:51 AM
I don't know the specs for any of the systems, so it's just speculation. The 360 kept up with the PS3 even though it was older. Really, who knows?
#5gnerdusPosted 6/7/2011 11:28:41 AM
It's a wild card until we know all the specs. For all we know it could be competitive.
---
"What are you staring at? Oh no, dream on pipsqueak. It's not gonna happen" - Larxene
King of the Dead Space Extraction PS3 board
#6TrickSlapperPosted 6/7/2011 11:31:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7omegaslash14Posted 6/7/2011 11:33:34 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
This is my biggest concern.

The Wii U will have a year or two before Sony or Microsoft releases their next console.

Will the power of this new console be enough to tide over with other next gen systems?
The specs are better than current gen systems, but will likely not hold for the next generation, therefore, Nintendo being behind again.
Will 3rd party bail ship on Nintendo once again after new powerhouses are built?
-

the next gen system would have to be par with high end gaming PC, to leave the WiiU in the dust, and that just aint happening.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#8Majora006Posted 6/7/2011 11:35:00 AM
TrickSlapper posted...
I am not buying the Wii Useless , I could just glue my wii Useless controller to my hgtv and have a giant Ds nosepass

why do you sony/Microsoft fanboys have to come here to make yourself feel better? is it because sony/microsoft didn't have anything interesting to announce so you have to troll to make yourself feel like they're Superior?
---
Don't Wind my Waker or I might have a Sykward Sword
#9FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 11:35:38 AM
Starwars4J posted...
FlipManV3 posted...
The specs are better than current gen systems, but will likely not hold for the next generation

So to prove you're not trolling, you can provide the exact specs of the Wii U to back up your claim, right?

How will providing this be any proof? Stop hugging my balls.

The specs being better than current gen systems is obvious.

Not likely holding for the next generation is obviously an assumption.
One, it would be foolish for MS/Sony to just be on par with the Wii U when the time comes.
Two, it would be 1-2 years old by then, newer/cheaper technology.
Three, from what we've seen, it's not a DRAMATIC jump from current gen. It's showing/showed current gen titles, where's the "true" next gen stuff?
-
---
Now playing: Lunar Knights(DS), Mortal Kombat(PS3), Ridge Racer 3D(3DS)
Waiting for: Gears of War 3
#10TrickSlapperPosted 6/7/2011 11:37:39 AM
Majora006 posted...
TrickSlapper posted...
I am not buying the Wii Useless , I could just glue my wii Useless controller to my hgtv and have a giant Ds nosepass

why do you sony/Microsoft fanboys have to come here to make yourself feel better? is it because sony/microsoft didn't have anything interesting to announce so you have to troll to make yourself feel like they're Superior?

I did never mention sony or microsoft i think both companys are garbage so what are you talking about blastoise?