potential for immersion is unparalleled; Sony/MS WILL be forced to copy

#1Citan22Posted 6/7/2011 7:57:25 PM
for a while now games have been trying to cleverly hide HUDs while relying less on menus and pause screens all in order to make the game-world that more immersive.

and while lots of games exhibit varying degrees of success in this respect, some genres can never truly benefit from a 'less is more' approach. for instance, rpg's will always need some menus, and survival horror games will almost always have inventories..

the wii u, however, will make all games in all genres more immersive even if just for the simple fact that we might never again have to see a menu, map, life bar, hint/tutorial, inventory screen, scoreboard, etc., etc. on the big screen. the tv will only serve as our, or our character's, eyes. all options/settings, item descriptions, maps, and so on will be handled via the secondary screen.

tl;dr

wii tried immersion through motion and it sort of worked but it wasnt for everyone and weak graphics held it back. the wii u's features can easily be appreciated by all gamers and system power is no longer an excuse not to develop for it.

sony and ms will surely copy this approach once everyone realizes how clean and useful it is. i'm not saying they'll definitely make a controller with a screen in the middle, but some some sort of secondary screen that sits near or beside the player is almost guaranteed.
---
Conduit 2:: Bonepill 1248.9238.0100
Is this game the bong? Or is it a badly rolled single skinner with the ends coming unpeeled? -Mac-Leoid
#2Citan22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 8:10:20 PM
damn this thing's movin fast..

bump to see who else thinks the other 2 will end up copying Nintendo once again.
---
Is this game the bong? Or is it a badly rolled single skinner with the ends coming unpeeled? -Mac-Leoid
#3YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/7/2011 8:10:51 PM
Im not trying to sound like a troll but you do know Sony PS VITA is basically Sonys version of what your saying and that was announced on Jan 27th 2011 before Nintendo announced Wii U.

Yes you can use Vita as a PS3 controller, alot like how you will be using the Wii U controller but Vita, you can take anywhere.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#4ShibutoPosted 6/7/2011 8:12:54 PM

Im not trying to sound like a troll but you do know Sony PS VITA is basically Sonys version of what your saying and that was announced on Jan 27th 2011 before Nintendo announced Wii U.

Yes you can use Vita as a PS3 controller, alot like how you will be using the Wii U controller but Vita, you can take anywhere.

I'm going to quote a post I posted on another thread

lol wtf are we arguing here?

If you're buying the PS Vita as a PS3 controller...you're buying it for the wrong reasons....don't act as if its the same, its not, the Vita is a 250 dollar machine, the Wii U Controller is going to cost way less than that...

And those Wii U "defenders" stop pretending as if the tech is new....its innovative yes for a console to have it exclusively, but its not new.

So basically you're trying to justify the PS Vita as a PS3 controller...
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#5GamerstudPosted 6/7/2011 8:14:45 PM
Nintendo should dare Sony to try and market Vita as a PS3 controller.
---
What's that? Seduce the woman at Target?
Ok...I'll do anything for pokemon
#6Citan22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 8:14:49 PM
did sony specifically announce that is how they intended vita to be used w the ps3? what i mean is, are games -or parts of games- gonna stream from ps3 to the vita?

i know it can be used for that, and now most likely will. i wonder if that was the initial idea, though.
---
#7OniBowserPosted 6/7/2011 8:19:13 PM
GBA was used for some GC controlling. NINTENDO HAD THE IDEA FIRST COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT!!!!
---
Brawl till we fall my people. FC - 2578-4727-2921
Diamond FC - 4554-3263-6226
#8coolxalPosted 6/9/2011 6:41:16 AM
Gamerstud posted...
Nintendo should dare Sony to try and market Vita as a PS3 controller.

They already did. It's called Remote Play and it came out 6 years ago.
#9LordDraconus777Posted 6/9/2011 6:45:54 AM
Oh wait don't bring up something to not make Nintendo look like the originator of all techonology! Afterall, Nintendo didn't steal any ideas from Sega, oh wait. Innovation happens through swapping ideas, but Nintendo's ideas lately are so abstract that nobody copies them (even the motion sensors of the Move and Kinect are not so much a copy as a vast improvement over garbage technology).
#10Stryke19Posted 6/9/2011 6:48:19 AM
OniBowser posted...
GBA was used for some GC controlling. NINTENDO HAD THE IDEA FIRST COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT!!!!

lol I remember correctly.

Nintendo did use GBA as a second controller to GameCube. And like how the DS & Wii are doing the same. Well, with Pokemon franchise at least.

And now SONY is thinking of doing it with Vita.

First with waggle controllers = Nintendo
2nd with waggle controllers = SONY

If I'm being frank, SONY would've been better off with a full body controller like Microsoft. They'd do a much better marketing.
---
Want Tales of Xillia? Buy Graces F ^^