Miyamoto and Iwata agree Wii caused the core/casual split, but Wii U will fix it

#11SazukeEXPosted 6/8/2011 10:14:22 AM
I wont hold my breath.

I can see them screwing over Third Parties again and milking Fist Party titles. I wont be fooled again like I was with the Wii untill after they show results.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#12digiblasterPosted 6/8/2011 10:15:14 AM
AZN_FLiPSTAH posted...
Im the only core Wii gamer in my school... Everyone else has a PS360.... I feel left out =(

But now I could rub the Wii U in their faces!!

That's it. Rub your Wii in their face.

But seriously, I agree, I'm in a similar situation. Despite owning a 360, I try to make a point that the Wii is fun, but at the end of the day, the 360 has more to offer (content-wise) than the Wii. Hopefully all this is going to change for the better now.
#13AmakusaPosted 6/8/2011 10:18:15 AM
AZN_FLiPSTAH posted...
Im the only core Wii gamer in my school... Everyone else has a PS360.... I feel left out =(

I actually know more people who own a Wii than an Xbox or PS3. Even people that wouldn't have bought a console game to begin with.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#14CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/8/2011 10:33:39 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
"One of the key reasons that such things as the core and the casual exist today is that we decided not to adopt HD on the Wii console." - Miyamoto

No. The key reason was that Nintendo pushed out tons of shovelware and didnt even care about the quality of their games, and only cared to cater to games designed specifically for children and parents who thought the games were 'family-friendly'. It had nothing to do with their decision to go non-HD.

What are you talking about?
You know that wiifit had one of the largest budgets this gen?

You don't spend $40 million on shovelware.
#15LaManoNeraIIPosted 6/8/2011 10:41:02 AM
No. The key reason was that Nintendo pushed out tons of shovelware and didnt even care about the quality of their games, and only cared to cater to games designed specifically for children and parents who thought the games were 'family-friendly'. It had nothing to do with their decision to go non-HD.

What are you talking about?

The Wii's limited power IS the reason why it had so much shovelware. You can't put an Oblivion or Red Dead Redemption on the Wii. The only developer who managed to put out some truly AAA games was Nintendo, for obvious reasons.

Nintendo is getting it right this time. The new, exciting, and innovative with the raw power to back it up.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009