Oh my....

#1SazukeEXPosted 6/8/2011 9:30:55 AM(edited)
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/nintendo-admits-its-wii-u-highlight-reel-was-spiced-up-with-ps3

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/wii-u-third-party-sizzle-reel-composed-of-360-ps3-pc-footage/

"As it turns out, the impressive list of upcoming games for the 2012-bound console was just that, a list, with the visuals we saw on screen coming from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of said titles"

"Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime ... points out that the eventual Wii U games will look 'at least' as good as their PS3 / 360 counterparts"

So... It's rumoured to be more powerful than the 360/PS3 yet the best you can give your fans is that the games might look at least as good compared what can be done on outdated systems? Than you used games run on outdated systems as a show on what your new system can do?

Whoa, that's kinda sad.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#2SenzekiPosted 6/8/2011 9:34:14 AM(edited)
"Spiced up." What an interesting choice of words. Video of the games was shown during the segment with third party developers to show what types of games we can expect to see from them once the console is launched, not the peak potential of the console.

And of course they are going to look "as good" at least, since, the console is more powerful than the others. It most certainly won't look worse. Taking things far out of context is cool though, I suppose.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2148-8195-9780 -- PS3 ID: Senzeki
#3HawkEye1997Posted 6/8/2011 9:33:49 AM
SazukeEX posted...
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/nintendo-admits-its-wii-u-highlight-reel-was-spiced-up-with-ps3

"As it turns out, the impressive list of upcoming games for the 2012-bound console was just that, a list, with the visuals we saw on screen coming from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of said titles"

"Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime ... points out that the eventual Wii U games will look 'at least' as good as their PS3 / 360 counterparts"

So... It's rumoured to be more powerful than the 360/PS3 yet the best you can give your fans is that the games might look at least as good compared what can be done on outdated systems? Than you used games run on outdated systems as a show on what your new system can do?

Whoa, that's kinda sad.

Why do you post on this board? You obviously hate the idea of the wii U (and probably all of Nintendo in general) so why do you waste your time here? Nobody cares if you don't like it or not.
---
"You can walk on coals and have Ninjas fight us, but be sure not to get gingivitis"
Conduit 2 Online name: Giesen. C2 FC: 4255-3911-5541
#4SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 9:35:08 AM
Oh you.

Most likely the Wii U wasen't supposed to have been shown but word of the Vita being shown forced them to show the Wii U for 10 seconds and that secretly play game feeds on the PS3/360/PC and say that's how the Wii U works.

Than later on they say that what they showed wasen't the Wii U in action.

How hilarious it is when many pointed out that the screens shown for the Wii U ports looked like 360 screens and they were called trolls.

Turns out they were right.
---
#5SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 9:36:49 AM
HawkEye1997 posted...
SazukeEX posted...

Why do you post on this board? You obviously hate the idea of the wii U (and probably all of Nintendo in general) so why do you waste your time here? Nobody cares if you don't like it or not.

Uh oh, generalization. I like my gba and ds, thank you very much. Though I hate my Wii and I know Nintendo says one thing, like the Wii, but will scare the 3rd parties away again. Especially when the PS4 and XBoxNext appear and are true next gen consoles while the Wii U falls behind in power once more like the Wii. Thus ports from PS4 and XBoxNext would just be watered down just like the ports to the Wii this gen.
---
#6SenzekiPosted 6/8/2011 9:38:53 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Oh you.

Most likely the Wii U wasen't supposed to have been shown but word of the Vita being shown forced them to show the Wii U for 10 seconds and that secretly play game feeds on the PS3/360/PC and say that's how the Wii U works.

That's a pretty stupid thing to assume. Given the projected launch date of the console, this was probably the best time to formally announce it. Just because they are being secretive about the specifications of the console itself does not mean they were "forced" and intended on giving a half assed presentation for the sake of also announcing their console.

Than later on they say that what they showed wasen't the Wii U in action.

How hilarious it is when many pointed out that the screens shown for the Wii U ports looked like 360 screens and they were called trolls.

I can't say, in all of the comments and boards I have browsed related to the discussion of Wii U, I have seen a single person doing what you just described. These games have probably been in development for PS360 for some time anyways, naturally they will look like they are for those consoles.
---
#7SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 9:43:56 AM(edited)
Are you daft?

Those games weren't even run on the Wii U but were pilfered from the 360/PS3/PC versions. The Wii U can't even run those games at the moment because it isn't even close to finished. However, the fact that they lied dureing their time on the floor is pathetic and they didn't even admit to using the 360/PS3/PC to SPICE UP the Wii U untill pressed by interviewers.

Nintendo was perfectly fine with lying about this and if no one asked they would NEVER have revealed that these games weren't running on the Wii U. And wha'ts sad?

We're told that these games, when the Wii U is finished, will only look 'At Least' as good and not better.

Than what's the point of being these games on the Wii U than if the PS3/360/pc versions will still get the best version?
---
#8SenzekiPosted 6/8/2011 9:47:23 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Are you daft?

THose games were'nt even run on the Wii U but were pilfered from the 360/PS3/PC versions. The Wii can't even run those games at the moment because it isn't even close to finished. However, the fact that they lied dureing their time on the floor is pathetic and they didn't even admit to using the 360/PS3/PC to SPICE UP the Wii U untill pressed by interviewers.

Are you? I said that the video from was PS360 versions.

Nintendo was perfectly fine with lying about this and if no one asked they would NEVER have revealed that these games weren't running on the Wii U. And wha'ts sad?

They didn't lie about anything. Not once did they say the video shown from third party developers was being ran on their console. They introduced that video as "This is what third party developers think about the Wii U." There's nothing wrong with showing off visual representation of what we can expect in the future.

We're told that these games, when the Wii U is finished, will only look 'At Least' as good and not better.

That is so far out of context.

What you think: They said it will only look at least as good, so that must mean that is the best it can do.

What everybody else thinks: They said it will look at least as good, so that is the worst we can expect from the console.

I know how you are going to respond to this, but I'll go ahead and throw this out here anyways. You are a very poor troll. Your liking your Gameboy and DS have nothing to do with this console. You obviously have nothing productive to discuss nor any reasonable opinion on the matter.

Don't you have something better to do?
---