Only one tablet per console confirmed

#41sid4000Posted 6/8/2011 9:11:31 PM
is it true tat the wireless technology they are using to stream the video/audio stream to the controller only has enough bandwith for 1 controller atm?

hence the 1 controller per system limitation?
#42VermineaterPosted 6/8/2011 9:16:56 PM
With smaller, lower quality scrreens, it could stream to 4 w/o hurting the main screen. :D
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me
#43Thewinner14Posted 6/8/2011 9:23:37 PM
as i tried to point out in my last post the tab doesnt need to be used just for streaming the full game from the console. if it were just streaming something simple like an inventory (as shown w/ zelda) or maybe items and track/time/other race info in mario kart it woul be silly not to allow the use of 4 tabs. For full game streaming as shown when the TV turned to baseball, yeah I can see how that could be restricted to 1, but there are man more uses for it where that doesnt make sense.
---
http://twitter.com/8270Kid
#44darkjedilinkPosted 6/8/2011 9:24:16 PM
MrL1193 posted...
Part of the fun of gaming comes from playing multiplayer with friends and family who don't own their own game systems. I really hope they choose to allow four players per system like before (if at all possible).

You'll still hav four-player multi. They'll all just be using Wii remotes and Nunchucks instead of the Upad.

the whole point of the Upad is to make single-player games more interesting, or allow a different form of gameplay by a single aggressor in multiplayer, like the multiplayer game demos at E3.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
#45LaManoNeraIIPosted 6/8/2011 9:42:50 PM
I think there are a lot of variables involved to just give a simple answer.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#46maj12_basicPosted 6/9/2011 11:47:18 AM
SSJ2 Dark posted...
this makes me more confident that they will release a regular controller

Well, true to his name, I_R_WINNER makes a good point. Come on people, look at the frickin' name of the console.

Wii U (WE, as in a group of people)

Nintendo has been and will continue to be about multiplayer, they're not releasing a single-player console. Either they will add multi-tablet controller support, or they will have regular controllers to go with the system.

what? you guys are aware that there already is a traditional controller to go with the system. the classic controller for wii.

though it would be nice if they released a new one that didn't have to be tethered to a wiimote. I am sure that will happen
#47HolloweaverPosted 6/9/2011 11:55:35 AM
they should have calculated enough bandwith for 4 tablets... bummer!
#48ynniPosted 6/9/2011 12:16:52 PM
I don't really see how this is a problem. The tablet is used for single player, online multiplayer. The tablet represents the "you" side of the console.

This doesn't mean it can't be used for local multiplayer. It can be used if it's one player against two or three others. It can be used in games like Mario Party where everyone takes their turn individually. It could also be used to show everyone something, like some sort of special objective.

Basically, in local multiplayer the tablet is likely to become less about "you" and more about "we".

Other than that, there are Wiimotes and classic controllers that can be used.
---
*Insert witty line*
#49XxaznzaxXPosted 6/11/2011 9:00:29 AM
darkjedilink posted...
You'll still hav four-player multi. They'll all just be using Wii remotes and Nunchucks instead of the Upad.

the whole point of the Upad is to make single-player games more interesting, or allow a different form of gameplay by a single aggressor in multiplayer, like the multiplayer game demos at E3.

-
-
Really? How about posting a link to the official Nintendo statement that says the tablet device is intended only to make "single player games more interesting."

The new console and the tablet have (hopefully) been designed to make ALL GAMES have a new and unique play style. Both Single Player AND Multi-Player. Otherwise the system is nothing more than a upgraded Wii.

I'm sure we'll see multiple tablets for use with the system by launch. How the multiple tablets will actually interact with the console itself is the question we'll be asking for the next year. Nintendo will NOT pass up a chance to offer these things at a proftiable price tag so many owners fork over a lot of extra cash in order to have 2 - 4 units for the whole family. The question is, will any of the future games truly use these tablets in innovative ways beyond simple "menu screens" and the like?
---
---
Everyone dies at the end of "Lost". EVERYONE! Opps...is that a spoiler?