Are people still under the impression Motion controls are more accurate then DA?

#1MASKOAAAPosted 6/9/2011 7:29:06 AM
DA = Dual Analog.

Every descent gameplay I've seen people put up of FPS on the Wii showed that it is not as accurate as dual anal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4oIupxU8bU

Case in point that guy is tearing it up but just watching that compared to a PS3/360 video of the same game you can tell the accuracy just isnt up to par. My fear is that there going to cram the motion control down are throat with the WiiU.
#2Robtcee13Posted 6/9/2011 7:31:21 AM
Well, anything modern is better than dual analog. For instance, mouse and keyboard. Motion controls are probably the best though.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#3darkbringer3dPosted 6/9/2011 7:34:16 AM(edited)
Its more natural, and more fun to blast away enemies with the wii mote, I hope games for wii u will still be made with the wii controlers, I couldn't go back to a metroid prime style game with DA, Samus is just too good for sluggish controls. Oh, and it is more accurate than DA, if you spend as much time with it as most do with DA, faster too.
---
Also, they are now trying to find new colors by accelerating crayons with the LHC.- Megaman Omega
#4MASKOAAA(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 7:33:03 AM
Rob Motion controls are more immersive but for over all accuracy no there not better. Its goes Mouse/Keyboard first then Dual Analog second.
#5banjo0224244Posted 6/9/2011 7:37:32 AM
MASKOAAA posted...
Rob Motion controls are more immersive but for over all accuracy no there not better. Its goes Mouse/Keyboard first then Dual Analog second.

You're kidding, right? The only reason dual analog feels more accurate is because most games that use that control method include copious amounts of aim assist (to the point where many people call it auto aim).
---
Goldeneye FC: 4034 8561 8674
#6AznEDPosted 6/9/2011 7:41:45 AM
I wouldn't exactly call mouse and keyboard modern, they've been with us as long as video games.

Motion controls themselves are closer to modern.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#7darkjedilinkPosted 6/9/2011 7:43:27 AM
banjo0224244 posted...
MASKOAAA posted...

You're kidding, right? The only reason dual analog feels more accurate is because most games that use that control method include copious amounts of aim assist (to the point where many people call it auto aim).

this.

Turn off auto aim and the Wii Remote + Nunchuck wins hands down.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
#8dohmahmeyPosted 6/9/2011 7:44:25 AM
I'd prefer it if every game gives you options instead if forcing you to play on a certain control scheme. Wiimote for people that like, classic for others and Wii umotes for everyone elses.
#9Robtcee13Posted 6/9/2011 7:46:51 AM
MASKOAAA posted...

Well, it depends on your personal accuracy. If you've got a steady hand and a strong grasp of the motions necessary, you won't need the aim assist you get in mouse/keyboard or DA games. You'll just hit stuff about as fast as the computer can keep your aim centered on people. The worst thing about the motion controls is that you generally have to aim at the edge of the screen to turn, which will get you killed in a life or death situation.

AznED posted...
I wouldn't exactly call mouse and keyboard modern, they've been with us as long as video games.

Motion controls themselves are closer to modern.

What I meant by modern was, as opposed to say the N64 controller, or the PS1 controller, or times behind that (like, strictly keyboard-only games like Doom). So I really just meant "not ridiculously old"
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/9/2011 7:47:35 AM
Every Dual-Analogue based FPS requires over-the-top auto aim, massive hitboxes, and generally pulls away from skill-centric shooting with random bullet spread, cookable grenades, ect.

Wii FPS have managed to throw more at the player without auto-aim while still managing to be easier than dual-analogue FPS.

The analogue aiming scheme of FPS was made as an attempt to emulate the accuracy of the mouse on a controller, which it failed at.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}