Nintendo Wii U FAQ V1.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

#11Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 5:15:48 PM
so64 posted...
You should also mention that AMD is partnering with Nintendo to create a custom Radeon HD GPU for the system. However, it is unknown how well the GPU will function as of now. (http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-and-nintendo-join-2011june07.aspx)

Done. Thanks!
---
Always nice talking to you, GameFAQs."
#12ShiekahPosted 6/9/2011 5:24:38 PM
What about transferring VC/Wiiware games to the WiiU? Not that I have alot of those games but I'm sure there are people out there that have tons. I would like to see them get transferred somehow.

Also will the current wiiware/VC games on the Nintendo Shop be available when the WiiU launches? Or are they going to start with a brand new shop?

For example, I still have not bought Lostwinds but not sure if I should even buy it now with the WiiU's launch a year away.
#13ZBug_Posted 6/9/2011 5:38:05 PM
Nice FAQ. I want to know the answer to the above posters question, canni transfer VC/ WiiWare?
Also you should mention that U stands fo Utopian in the answers section. And post that vid where reggie says that while talking to a GT guy.
I would find the video myself but im on my 3DS.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
Read my quote if you really want to know why Link has big pants.
#14CujoEtner9327Posted 6/9/2011 5:42:14 PM
Super Mario Bros. Mii is also confirmed, is it not?
---
last.fm/user/CujoEtner
Not changing my sig until the Seattle Mariners win a World Series. Started 6/3/2010
#15Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 5:48:01 PM
Shiekah posted...
What about transferring VC/Wiiware games to the WiiU? Not that I have alot of those games but I'm sure there are people out there that have tons. I would like to see them get transferred somehow.

Also will the current wiiware/VC games on the Nintendo Shop be available when the WiiU launches? Or are they going to start with a brand new shop?

For example, I still have not bought Lostwinds but not sure if I should even buy it now with the WiiU's launch a year away.

We currently do not know this, but given that we can still store data on SD cards, it is quite likely we can transfer via putting it on an SD card. They haven't addressed VC yet, though.
---
#16Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 5:49:29 PM
bug_crook posted...
Nice FAQ. I want to know the answer to the above posters question, canni transfer VC/ WiiWare?
Also you should mention that U stands fo Utopian in the answers section. And post that vid where reggie says that while talking to a GT guy.
I would find the video myself but im on my 3DS.

U does not ACTUALLY stand for Utopian. Reggie said "U could stand for this. Could stand for this. Could even stand for Utopian". He just threw out words that started with U, and the GT guy interview was candid conversation and should not be taken as confirmation out of context. If it was called the Wii Utopian, it would be called the Wii Utopian.
---
#17Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 5:53:39 PM
Managed to edit in the VC stuff -- just in the nick of time! Super Mario Mii added as well.
---
#18asher1611Posted 6/9/2011 5:56:03 PM
Thanks for this. Great post
#19dudedude705Posted 6/9/2011 6:02:35 PM
Will it play Gamecube games?
---
StroutX - "Don't like it? Too bad. I hope you found a dried booger in your used game manual."
#20ShibutoPosted 6/9/2011 6:03:32 PM

Will it play Gamecube games?

no
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292