Nintendo Wii U FAQ V1.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

#111SSJ4CHRISPosted 4/7/2012 6:31:14 PM
I wouldn't waste the money to buy a WiiU at launch since LoZ almost obviously isn't going to be anywhere near being even a first year release. If Zelda was a game I cared about, I still would wait until a believable release was attached to it before I bought one.

I like buying a console and having a good selection of games made to originally for that console, not a lot of broken ports to cash in, or ports that are called remakes just because they change the lighting.

With all the repairs on 3DS' for buttons and screens, and whatever, I'll let the sheep then out the first batch of WiiU's, then go out and get one that might have the first batch problems worked out.

But seeing how Nintendo has released at least four different colored 3DS' and haven't bothered to fix the bumpers or even address the screen scratching, I won't hold my breath for second batch WiiU's to fix any first batch problems.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#112homsarrunner3Posted 5/3/2012 5:13:31 PM
SSJ Vegetolli posted...
with the lack of blu-ray... there go Nintendo's sales..... seriously... they take 4 steps forward, 10 steps back at Nintendo... I swear....

I don't know about you, but when I buy a game console, I don't really want to spend an extra 100, 200, 250 dollars on Blu-Ray functionality I'm not going to use. If I wanted a DVD player, I would buy a DVD player. But I want a console. Lack of Blu-Ray will not cause a major sales drop.

Also, you use ... too much.
---
"I played Skyrim for 13 hours before I realized there was a sprint button, lol."
This is why I read instruction manuals.
#113f1madmanPosted 5/20/2012 9:48:06 AM
When is this coming out now, is there any confirmation of scrapping friend codes?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#114DrRMPosted 5/21/2012 7:32:29 PM
f1madman posted...
When is this coming out now, is there any confirmation of scrapping friend codes?

4Q is the release zone

no friend code on wii u

hope I help you on this

W
i
i

U

---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#115drewms64Posted 6/6/2012 6:34:46 AM
Glad to see no friend codes
---
"An illusion shared by everyone sadly becomes a reality"
#116lionheart5656Posted 6/8/2012 6:41:19 PM
How could you not mention ZombiU as one of the games being made by Ubisoft?

It's one of the most looked at games for the WiiU.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#117bennyw90Posted 6/10/2012 7:10:56 PM
That was a nice FAQ. Thanks for that. Just one update that I can see. The console supports 2 gamepads now. Sorry if this has already been included. Just saw in E3.
#118MichyMasterPosted 6/12/2012 12:17:19 PM
hahaha "glad to see no friend codes" seems your favorite company likes to lie to you and troll... you will have your stupid friend codes again :D
#119JohnnyShred612Posted 6/13/2012 8:16:45 AM(edited)
lionheart5656 posted...
How could you not mention ZombiU as one of the games being made by Ubisoft?

It's one of the most looked at games for the WiiU.

Posted 6/9/2011.

Been a long time since I wrote this. I should update it.
---
Diablo 3 BattleTag: Forte#1977
#120DrRMPosted 6/13/2012 8:46:33 PM
MichyMaster posted...
hahaha "glad to see no friend codes" seems your favorite company likes to lie to you and troll... you will have your stupid friend codes again :D

mr. troll welcome back, wii miss you.

friend code as you see them in wii are all but gone

the wii u will have a similar account system, but much better than the one on wii and are not called friend codes as far as I know.

so yep friend codes are gone.

:D it was fun quoting you so here is a cookie.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."