Nintendo Wii U FAQ V1.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

#41GambitTimePosted 6/10/2011 10:58:08 AM
Man__In__Black posted...
"Zero evidence"?

Both the Darksiders developers and the teams at Ubisoft specifically stated that it's more powerful than the 360 and PS3.

The Zelda and Japanese Garden tech demos were both beyond what PS3/360 could produce, and IGN said they were showed one that blew them out of the water
Nintendo said "Yes, it will be the newest, cutting edge technology of any console on the market. Horsepower is not an issue".

1- How much more is "more powerful"? Being slightly better than the 5 year old 360 will not help the Wii U when the next one comes out.

2- Nintendo's comment is vague. Newest... cutting edge... that is vague. They said horsepower is not an issue. The Wii was succsessful without CPU power being an issue, but they were not really competing for the PS3 and 360 market.

3- Bottom line is I want to see the specs before I believe this is just an updated game for the casual gamer. And that is fine... It is their market, but I am not convinced it is a true next generation console.
---
Video Gaming since 1975....
#42Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 11:00:19 AM
^No denying THAT -- the specifics are vague. Nevertheless, "more powerful than the PS3" is a given at this point. We just odn't know by how much.

And Nintendo's comment was not vague in context, at least as far as the horsepower comment goes. Reggie said that he knows that a lot of premier gaming experiences never came to the Wii because it lagged behind the competition in raw power, and that while he's not ready to talk specs, that is "certainly not going to be an issue with this console. Trust me, that excuse is GONE."
---
-JohnnyShred612
#43Izick_the_SpyPosted 6/10/2011 11:00:41 AM
What does it matter, when the next gen comes out?

We don't know what the next gen of consoles will look like, so we can only compare to the PS360.
#44GambitTimePosted 6/10/2011 11:05:50 AM
Man__In__Black posted...
^. Trust me, that excuse is GONE."

Well, TC.. on that we agree. I hope the Wii U is everything the house of Mario says it will be. I will be the first in line to buy if the power is really there.
---
Video Gaming since 1975....
#45Izick_the_SpyPosted 6/10/2011 12:03:59 PM
I suggested this for sticky, then it got stickied 2 minutes later. That's what I'm talking about!

Great sticky!
#46faramir77Posted 6/10/2011 1:43:38 PM
Still has a bias, but not nearly as much as that sticky made by that fanboy a few days ago.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#47so64Posted 6/10/2011 2:33:23 PM
http://kotaku.com/5809693/8-minutes-of-our-hands+on-video-shows-what-its-like-to-play-wii-u

8 minute video that focuses on one of the Wii U games and the U-pad.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#48Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 3:00:24 PM
faramir77 posted...
Still has a bias, but not nearly as much as that sticky made by that fanboy a few days ago.

Obviously there's a slight bias, but I'd like to think there's no more bias to it than you would naturally expect from anybody looking forward to the system :) I don't think I said anything that isn't true or is blown out of proportion, I just think it's reasonable to get hyped!

And yay, I'm glad this got stickied! Add one to the resume, and I hope it serves this board well. Thanks to all who are providing additional links as well!
---
-JohnnyShred612
#49Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 3:11:46 PM
so64 posted...
http://kotaku.com/5809693/8-minutes-of-our-hands+on-video-shows-what-its-like-to-play-wii-u

8 minute video that focuses on one of the Wii U games and the U-pad.

Thanks, man. GREAT vid.
---
-JohnnyShred612
#50ShadowManeZEROPosted 6/10/2011 3:28:35 PM
In the next version, you should post information about how many tablets there might be per console.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/nintendos-shigeru-miyamoto-explains-the-new-wii-u/story-e6frfrt9-1226071923070#ixzz1OmfJVmXs

Our basic premise is that you can use one with a system. If we got to an idea of having multiple (controllers) it might be just more convenient for people to use their Nintendo 3DS and have a way to connect that.

That being said, we are doing research about if someone brings their controller to their friends house and they want to play together on Wii U to whether or not something like that would be possible.

---
People snipped: 11
"Then I shall make you see... That your hopes are nothing. Nothing but a mere illusion!" Zexion