Nintendo Wii U FAQ V1.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

#51Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 3:30:22 PM
ShadowManeZERO posted...
In the next version, you should post information about how many tablets there might be per console.

ix. This is all sounding very promising, but I've heard some troubling reports of only one tablet per console. Is this true? Are there other controllers to use?
Sadly, it would appear to be so at the moment. Nevertheless, Nintendo is exploring the option of two, which is reassuring. The reasoning behind this is the sheer power it would take to stream content to four screens at once, as well as the cost factor of these controllers. Developers are still on board, though, so something's not immediately clear to us at the moment. As for other controllers, absolutely -- the classic controller pro still functions, as well as the Wii Remote, Motion Plus, and all other accessories. The Wii U Tablet promotes traditional gameplay alongside the classic controller and whatever other traditional controllers they may introduce, while the compatibility with Wii controllers allows new motion based games to continue being produced if desired. Nintendo is also exploring the possibility of allowing people to use their 3DS as a tablet substitute, which would eliminate the problem of missing tablets almost entirely. This story is a bit of a "to be continued", but Nintendo won't screw over local multiplayer. It's not how they work.
---
-JohnnyShred612
#52ShadowManeZEROPosted 6/10/2011 3:51:54 PM
... Damn. I really need to pay more attention to these things (I blame reading the pre-sticky version).
---
People snipped: 11
"Then I shall make you see... That your hopes are nothing. Nothing but a mere illusion!" Zexion
#53Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 3:57:52 PM
ShadowManeZERO posted...
... Damn. I really need to pay more attention to these things (I blame reading the pre-sticky version).

It was always like this, even before it got stickied :)

Nevertheless, thanks for the attempt! All help is appreciated, even if it's slightly misguided ;)
---
-JohnnyShred612
#54ShadowManeZEROPosted 6/10/2011 4:07:51 PM
Man__In__Black posted...
ShadowManeZERO posted...

It was always like this, even before it got stickied :)

Nevertheless, thanks for the attempt! All help is appreciated, even if it's slightly misguided ;)

... <_< >_> >_<
---
People snipped: 11
"Then I shall make you see... That your hopes are nothing. Nothing but a mere illusion!" Zexion
#55slimshadydeermeatPosted 6/10/2011 5:15:54 PM
The Zelda tech demo looked amazing. I will definitely get this system as soon as it comes out.
---
PSN: tsizzle420
Roll Tide!
#56jillwarrenPosted 6/10/2011 10:09:59 PM
http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/video/HW_demo

Danny Bilson from THQ confirmed that Darksiders 2 was a launch title, but also that THQ would have 2 more (it did not name them but confirmed them none the less).

Also he described how the inventory system for Darksiders would be viewable on the controller while you were playing, and showed an example of this, though not sure if it was two t.v. screens or not.
---
Mario Kart DS friendcode: 1289-7004-9524; Brawl 0516-6949-8749; Pokemon Diamond friendcode: 4167-3336-0263
#57Man__In__Black(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 11:23:18 PM
^Beautiful. Thanks!
---
-JohnnyShred612
#58jillwarrenPosted 6/11/2011 7:01:07 AM
No problem. It's amazing how much stuff can be found on Nintendo's official E3 page, if only the haters would look right?
---
Mario Kart DS friendcode: 1289-7004-9524; Brawl 0516-6949-8749; Pokemon Diamond friendcode: 4167-3336-0263
#59kaiserzero61Posted 6/12/2011 4:38:04 AM
jillwarren posted...
No problem. It's amazing how much stuff can be found on Nintendo's official E3 page, if only the haters would look right?

Haters are blinded by their infantile fanboyism.
There is no cure for that sad state of mind. ;D
---
''Capitalism, ho!'' - Recette, Recettear, PC
''He's more into tidal swells than the rise and fall of my heaving bosom.''-Nadia,Alundra, PS1
#60NiftyManZPosted 6/13/2011 11:05:58 AM
TY for the stickie. While i knew 99% of the info on here, i wasted about 5 hours of my life researching it a day or two ago when i could have just come here :-P Looking forward to the updates as new info comes out.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)