Nintendo Wii U FAQ V1.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

#81JohnnyShred612Posted 7/14/2011 1:36:15 PM
^The respect and gratitude is much appreciated :) Thanks for reading!

As for a running price, we have absolutely no idea. It will almost certainly be more than $250 -- I can't imagine they'd launch it at the same price as the 3DS -- but there's no chance Nintendo will put a $600 machine out there after seeing what happened to the Playstation 3. Besides, it does still have "Wii" in the name. They'll want early adoption from all the casual fans as well as the hardcore fans.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say about $400. Do not take my word as gospel, though, Nintendo's been tight lipped.
---
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put it in your mouth -- especially if the thing is cats." -- Lemony Snicket
#82dontpersue_lubuPosted 7/16/2011 1:53:03 PM
I hope Nintendo will finally get their act together for this one. I skipped the N64, Gamecube, and Wii, and I'm really itching to get back to a Nintendo console. The SNES days were so long ago. :(

--
#83SSJ VegetolliPosted 7/23/2011 1:42:16 AM
with the lack of blu-ray... there go Nintendo's sales..... seriously... they take 4 steps forward, 10 steps back at Nintendo... I swear....
---
XSpidercideX : Wait, there are girls at gamefaqs?!
Me: Ugh... noobs are the herpies of the gaming world
#84SoeroahPosted 8/2/2011 12:04:10 AM
SSJ Vegetolli posted...
with the lack of blu-ray... there go Nintendo's sales..... seriously... they take 4 steps forward, 10 steps back at Nintendo... I swear....

I don't really see the problem, unless Nintendo's discs end up having less space than a Blu-Ray disc.
#85VidkingPosted 8/6/2011 5:40:11 AM
Since you can't play gamecube games I wonder if gamecube games would be available on the virtual console of the Wii U.
---
www.arcadeathome.com/trivia/trivias.phtml
#86darkjedilinkPosted 8/9/2011 10:22:43 PM
SSJ Vegetolli posted...

The 360 didn't have Blu-Ray, and you can bet the Nextbox won't have it, either. If they go with a high-density format, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just use a proprietary disc, or even pay Nintendo for theirs.

it'd be cheaper than Blu-Ray, and just as effective.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#87master_m11Posted 8/10/2011 5:35:54 PM
i can't wait to buy this!
#88TottentanzPosted 8/11/2011 8:45:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_Controller

http://gamespundit.com/2651/more-wii-u-controller-rumours-includes-hdmi-out-port

A couple of sources showing that the new controller will have an HDMI port on it.
#89Yojimbo_BetaPosted 8/14/2011 6:05:46 AM
As the machine uses a new architecture, am I right in assuming Wii games won't run on the Wii U?

Have Nintendo completely ruled out virtualization / hardware emulation of the older platforms?
---
Final Fantasy 7: REBIRTH
Track the mod at http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-7-rebirth
#90jillwarrenPosted 8/15/2011 1:02:27 AM
Yojimbo_Beta posted...
As the machine uses a new architecture, am I right in assuming Wii games won't run on the Wii U?

Have Nintendo completely ruled out virtualization / hardware emulation of the older platforms?

No, Nintendo has repeatedly confirmed full backwards compatibility with the Wii games and most accessories.
---
I serve Jesus, not men: Can we just talk about video games?
Currently Playing God of War Collection/ Ratchet and Clank/ Mario Galaxy 2