WiiWare/VC transfer??

#1cleanchrisPosted 6/9/2011 5:53:44 PM
has this been announced yet?
---
RIP apocalyPS3 2011/hurray Wii Rebirth 2012 (this is not fanboyism, plz flame away).
#2FrankGrimeyPosted 6/9/2011 5:55:09 PM
I don't think officially...but Reggie hinted at it when G4 interviewed him.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#3PyjamaHeroPosted 6/9/2011 6:06:51 PM
I don't believe so but it's high time for Nintendo to join us in the aughts'. Apple recently announced that anything you've ever purchased from iTunes can now be re-downloaded from the cloud. It's already implemented on the iPhone and soon you'll even be able to download items you didn't even buy from them but ripped from CDs from their cloud for a fee. In the meantime we still don't even have our VC/DSI/eShop purchases tied to a master account.

I really love most of the things Nintendo does, they're forward thinking and ever evolving, except in this area. Online service and user accessibility is they're worst feature and they really need to step up their game.

They're taking pages from Apple's play book left and right.

1) Court the mainstream

2) Give customers a feeling of belonging

3) Put together nice looking but close to outdated tech that works well together and mark it WAY up.

Now I'm not saying any of these things are bad. We're getting a next gen system in a year and a half that's slightly more powerful than our current gen. That's fine with me, graphics are to the point now that it's close to splitting hairs discussing whose system is most powerful. Nintendo is keeping a home systems name around for the first time since the Super Nintendo replaced the Nintendo so they don't alienate the casual audience that is now very familiar with the Wii brand.

Since they're so happy to emulate Apple I'd like them to emulate this recent move giving customers unrestricted access to their purchased content.
---
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
#4BlackPhoenix127Posted 6/9/2011 6:19:47 PM
I'm pretty sure you can move those things to an SD card. Which can then be moved to the Wii U. Not confirmed but I would be at a loss for words if Nintendo honestly let all the VC purchases gone to waste.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#5PyjamaHeroPosted 6/9/2011 6:29:36 PM
They won't let them go to waste but the transfer process for the 3DS from the DSi is limited. As long as Nintendo or the companies who published the games on the VC or eShop exist I should be entitled to redownload the content as many times as I want or move it back and forth wherever I please by logging into my account.
---
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
#6FrankGrimeyPosted 6/9/2011 6:30:33 PM

From: BlackPhoenix127 | Posted: 6/9/2011 6:19:47 PM | #004
I'm pretty sure you can move those things to an SD card. Which can then be moved to the Wii U. Not confirmed but I would be at a loss for words if Nintendo honestly let all the VC purchases gone to waste.

Doubt it'd be that easy. If that were the case, they would've implemented it with the DSi >>> 3DS since both have SD slots. But they didn't.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#7IntoTheN1ghtPosted 6/9/2011 6:50:20 PM
If people get told they cannot transfer their VC games then that is a massive blow, Nintendo should release a update to their online (yea big LOL there) that forces people with Wii online to register a account and thus all the bought stuff is tied to that account

Anything less is unacceptable
---
Look at my game it must hurt! GA GA GA GA GA Hooray for me! In your face! You cant deny me, its to real for you!