Why did people hate friend codes so much?

#21ElectricMolePosted 6/10/2011 4:51:28 PM
we arent numbers, we want to be known by names we choose. not by numbers wii chooses.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41YUSZ9VAg
^^^ "Make a sandwich." ^^^
#22buddayshPosted 6/10/2011 5:05:48 PM
So I guess on your cell phone you don't need to assign names to numbers either.
#23midnightfraserPosted 6/10/2011 5:58:20 PM
quinacridone posted...
we arent numbers, we want to be known by names we choose. not by numbers wii chooses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlB1ak1SUEk&feature=related
---
GameFAQs is not for everyone. Side effects may include euphoria, idiocy, and giant enemy crabs. Stop using GameFAQs if you have an erection lasting for 4 hours.
#24airfoemoePosted 6/10/2011 6:03:08 PM
Joke topic, has to be. When I meet people IRL I know my gamertag not my FC. They were different for each game too which is extra annoying.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#25VanderZooPosted 6/10/2011 6:48:45 PM
Let me give you an example TC. I met a friend at Uni (yay for me), we're both gamers, we both have a 360 and Wii, and online. We trade gamertags, I can remember the name, so when I get home, I add him, he then accepts it, and we're friends. Now, to get connected on Wii, I ask him for the friend code for smash bros, he has to go, start up the game, check the code, write it down, come back to me, tell me, I write it down. Now I go to my wii, turn on smash bros, log online, check my friend code, write it down, enter his friend code, go back to my 360, tell him my friend code, he then adds mine, NOW, 10 years later, we can play together. The funny thing is though we keep the 360 on so we can chat while we play on the wii, but that's another issue with wii's online. And the lag sucked as well, but that's also another issue....

Phew, it's an effort just to type it out.
---
"And now we have a dog. And Alistair is still the stupidest member of the party" - Morrigan
#26VanderZooPosted 6/10/2011 6:49:57 PM
Oh, and Karmic's a huge Nintendo fanboy, just for the those who may not have been to the Wii board before.
---
"And now we have a dog. And Alistair is still the stupidest member of the party" - Morrigan
#27lp913Posted 6/10/2011 6:55:50 PM
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
Half the people bashing them has probably never even used them.

That, or others have and just can't get past the stigma that both the original DS and Wii systems left on them with friend codes. Inputting them over and over was indeed a pain on the systems so I can understand, as you can see the multiple Wii game codes in my own sig. But notice the one lone 3DS one at the beginning of my sig..... THAT is what FC should have been from the very beginning: ONE CODE TO PLAY ALL THE GAMES WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!! Its finally being done on 3DS, and if anything of the sort is also being implemented on Wii U, its clearly nothing to get worked up about.

FC are indeed centralized on 3DS, where you can see your friends, check if there online or not and see what they are playing....I say that's pretty tolerable, as 3DS's online has indeed been a far more engaging experience that past Nintendo systems and it has serious potential to get even better as Nintendo has hinted at. They may have a right to be cautious and even skeptical, but gamers of PS3/360/PC needs to realize this, the days of inputting multiple FC for every game with your friends as of 3DS and soon the Wii U are indeed OVER.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]
#28ShadowManeZEROPosted 6/10/2011 6:57:39 PM
lp913 posted...
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
Half the people bashing them has probably never even used them.

That, or others have and just can't get past the stigma that both the original DS and Wii systems left on them with friend codes. Inputting them over and over was indeed a pain on the systems so I can understand, as you can see the multiple Wii game codes in my own sig. But notice the one lone 3DS one at the beginning of my sig..... THAT is what FC should have been from the very beginning: ONE CODE TO PLAY ALL THE GAMES WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!! Its finally being done on 3DS, and if anything of the sort is also being implemented on Wii U, its clearly nothing to get worked up about.

FC are indeed centralized on 3DS, where you can see your friends, check if there online or not and see what they are playing....I say that's pretty tolerable, as 3DS's online has indeed been a far more engaging experience that past Nintendo systems and it has serious potential to get even better as Nintendo has hinted at. They may have a right to be cautious and even skeptical, but gamers of PS3/360/PC needs to realize this, the days of inputting multiple FC for every game with your friends as of 3DS and soon the Wii U are indeed OVER.

I agree with this.
---
People snipped: 11
"Then I shall make you see... That your hopes are nothing. Nothing but a mere illusion!" Zexion
#29andodelPosted 6/10/2011 6:58:26 PM
CPUX posted...
So is PSN, but you don't have to remember a 12 digit code for ever single game.

Which is one of several reasons why Sony is losing so much money on the PS3. Somebody has to pay for the network to be kept up and running, and I doubt the few PS plus members are helping much.
#30DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/10/2011 7:01:32 PM
normally, that pays for it's self with software revenue. Especially given that most of PSN uses matchmaking and P2P service, with next to nothing using actual dedicated servers.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}