What is it you wanted from Nintendo's new console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is it you wanted from Nintendo's new console?

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
5 years ago#1
There is so much hate going around for the Wii U, I thought I would just ask what everyone else was hoping for from Nintendo regarding their new console?
I need a new sig...

User Info: powblock1983

powblock1983
5 years ago#2
All I wanted was a Nintendo console with no gimmicks.
---
PC Message Board: The only place will you can get trolled to death just for talking about older technology.

User Info: Nineteen99

Nineteen99
5 years ago#3
I remember there was a lot of hate for the Wii as well, not to mention the DS.

I was expecting some kind of new tech, innovative (read: different) control schemes than we've seen before, and the typical casual Nintendo aesthetics. Really, the Wii U is exactly what I expected to happen. In fact, if they came out with a PS360-style controller, I would have been surprised.

Nintendo will do as Nintendo always does: Be successful and make money.
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Black FC: 1678-4228-8559

User Info: CPUX

CPUX
5 years ago#4
Epic games.
Yet to see.
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
GameFaqs - Where brain cells go to die. -Big_Isaac

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
5 years ago#5
A proper controller. I haven't felt good about a NIntendo controller since the SNES controller.

A good controller is really my only beef with the console.
I've decided to not have a sig because nobody reads it anyway. Not even you.

User Info: y000012500

y000012500
5 years ago#6
There wasn't hate for the DS. At least not any more than other consoles. The DS actually managed to put out at least 10 good games a year, if not more. (Maybe an exaggeration, but the point still stands)

Anyways, I was just expecting an HD console with some sort of gimmick. Then, I was expecting a great console to play FSA on after the first trailer. Then Nintendo came back to their usual disappointing selves.

User Info: AP3Brain

AP3Brain
5 years ago#7
powblock1983 posted...
All I wanted was a Nintendo console with no gimmicks.
---

I agree but add third party support as well which they seem to be doing with this console hopefully. Traditional controls is what gamers actually want. Oh and I guess proper online support which they seem to be working on. And also since this is a whole new console I am paying for I want a lot better graphics than the 360/ps3 and not just slightly better unless the price is properly adjusted.

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
5 years ago#8
a game that'll take me through emotions and feel actual sympathy, not just an understanding
MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3

User Info: GeneStarwind

GeneStarwind
5 years ago#9
I dont really see this controller as a "gimmick" tho. It's not like the Wii where motion control was supposed to be the "norm" of the control scheme. Here we have a controller with a touch screen in the middle of it. There are a ton of possibilties with this.
XBL GT - Invader Darko
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is it you wanted from Nintendo's new console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived