Pokemon

#1TMW001Posted 6/10/2011 10:56:22 PM
With the WiiU do you think we'll get a proper Pokemon game for home consoles because Revolution was a bit of a dud in my opinion but I did like its trainer creator though.
#2Samuel 025Posted 6/10/2011 10:57:18 PM
How many consoles has come out since the original Pokemon games? I don't think a home console will ever have a proper Pokemon game.

Now Pokemon Snap...that's where the fun is.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#3TMW001(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 11:02:16 PM
Samuel 025 posted...
How many consoles has come out since the original Pokemon games? I don't think a home console will ever have a proper Pokemon game.

C-can I hug just for reminding me how that tablet would be sick for Pokemon Snap.
#4Samuel 025Posted 6/10/2011 11:04:32 PM
TMW001 posted...
Samuel 025 posted...

C-can I hug just for reminding me how that tablet would be sick for Pokemon Snap.

For as long as it took to get a great picture of Mew at the end.

*embrace*
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#5CryogonaIPosted 6/10/2011 11:20:13 PM
TC may have meant a Colosseum / XD sequel, in which case, do want. I'm not sure how likely it is though.
---
www.deviantart.com/download/200019296/cryogonal_by_cyndaquil_cdb-d3b33vk.png
Don't worry, I've no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing either.
#6Perf3ct_Cha0sPosted 6/10/2011 11:21:52 PM
TMW001 posted...
Samuel 025 posted...

It would be really awkward unless you had a huge TV =/
---
Well there's your problem.
#7Grr_badgerPosted 6/11/2011 7:36:20 AM
Gamefreak have always said that the pokemon franchise fits the protable gaming mold more than home consoles.

The trading battling concept was always designed with a portable nature and the pokedex was originally based on a gameboy like design.

But with the world now connected through the wonders of the net the concept could transfer easier.

here is a little quote from Game Freak themselves

I dont think so. I think the Pokemon core series is always going to be with handheld hardware, in the future as well.

I consider handheld hardware you can carry around with you as almost being equal to being with Pokemon, always. I think handheld really matches the idea of Pokemon that we have. Also, you can communicate and transfer data all the time, whenever you want with a handheld. Thats also a match with the Pokemon concept.

here is an interview with one of the Gamefreak guys

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84122/gamefreak-doesnt-want-home-console-pokemon-series-is-portable/
---
3Ds FC = 5455-9377-9222
Pokemon Black = 1205 9423 4608
#81stbasemanbeckPosted 6/11/2011 7:56:43 AM
Grr_badger posted...
Gamefreak have always said that the pokemon franchise fits the protable gaming mold more than home consoles...

Thanks for bringing attention to this and for your link. I have to say GF's stance disappoints me though.

A console Pokemon, that is like the handheld Pokemons, would likely be the biggest system seller ever. Seriously this game would be pure money. Heck I haven't played Pokemon in years but I would buy a console and this game because the replay value would likely be tremendous.

I wonder though...Wii U boasts a tablet which is somewhat similar to a handheld gaming system with a bigger screen (the big difference being that it's streaming from a Wii U console). I don't see how GF couldn't reconsider...
---
Support PHYSICAL (not digital) distribution, and keep control of games in the hands of customers. Also, buy the game NIER. It may not be perfect but the music..
#9Grr_badgerPosted 6/11/2011 8:04:38 AM(edited)
1stbasemanbeck posted...
Grr_badger posted...
Gamefreak have always said that the pokemon franchise fits the protable gaming mold more than home consoles...

Thanks for bringing attention to this and for your link. I have to say GF's stance disappoints me though.

A console Pokemon, that is like the handheld Pokemons, would likely be the biggest system seller ever. Seriously this game would be pure money. Heck I haven't played Pokemon in years but I would buy a console and this game because the replay value would likely be tremendous.

I wonder though...Wii U boasts a tablet which is somewhat similar to a handheld gaming system with a bigger screen (the big difference being that it's streaming from a Wii U console). I don't see how GF couldn't reconsider...

I completly agree I still love pokemon games (even at 25... Yikes!!)
I think at somepoint we may find a more in depth crossover between a home console based pokemon and a portable version.

Nintendo have already said they want more connectivity between the 3DS and WiiU this generation so fingers crossed
---
3Ds FC = 5455-9377-9222
Pokemon Black = 1205 9423 4608