Pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TMW001

TMW001
5 years ago#1
With the WiiU do you think we'll get a proper Pokemon game for home consoles because Revolution was a bit of a dud in my opinion but I did like its trainer creator though.

User Info: Samuel 025

Samuel 025
5 years ago#2
How many consoles has come out since the original Pokemon games? I don't think a home console will ever have a proper Pokemon game.

Now Pokemon Snap...that's where the fun is.
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"

User Info: TMW001

TMW001
5 years ago#3
Samuel 025 posted...
How many consoles has come out since the original Pokemon games? I don't think a home console will ever have a proper Pokemon game.

C-can I hug just for reminding me how that tablet would be sick for Pokemon Snap.

User Info: Samuel 025

Samuel 025
5 years ago#4
TMW001 posted...
Samuel 025 posted...

C-can I hug just for reminding me how that tablet would be sick for Pokemon Snap.

For as long as it took to get a great picture of Mew at the end.

*embrace*
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"

User Info: CryogonaI

CryogonaI
5 years ago#5
TC may have meant a Colosseum / XD sequel, in which case, do want. I'm not sure how likely it is though.
www.deviantart.com/download/200019296/cryogonal_by_cyndaquil_cdb-d3b33vk.png
Don't worry, I've no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing either.

User Info: Perf3ct_Cha0s

Perf3ct_Cha0s
5 years ago#6
TMW001 posted...
Samuel 025 posted...

It would be really awkward unless you had a huge TV =/
Well there's your problem.

User Info: Grr_badger

Grr_badger
5 years ago#7
Gamefreak have always said that the pokemon franchise fits the protable gaming mold more than home consoles.

The trading battling concept was always designed with a portable nature and the pokedex was originally based on a gameboy like design.

But with the world now connected through the wonders of the net the concept could transfer easier.

here is a little quote from Game Freak themselves

I dont think so. I think the Pokemon core series is always going to be with handheld hardware, in the future as well.

I consider handheld hardware you can carry around with you as almost being equal to being with Pokemon, always. I think handheld really matches the idea of Pokemon that we have. Also, you can communicate and transfer data all the time, whenever you want with a handheld. Thats also a match with the Pokemon concept.

here is an interview with one of the Gamefreak guys

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84122/gamefreak-doesnt-want-home-console-pokemon-series-is-portable/
3Ds FC = 5455-9377-9222
Pokemon Black = 1205 9423 4608

User Info: 1stbasemanbeck

1stbasemanbeck
5 years ago#8
Grr_badger posted...
Gamefreak have always said that the pokemon franchise fits the protable gaming mold more than home consoles...

Thanks for bringing attention to this and for your link. I have to say GF's stance disappoints me though.

A console Pokemon, that is like the handheld Pokemons, would likely be the biggest system seller ever. Seriously this game would be pure money. Heck I haven't played Pokemon in years but I would buy a console and this game because the replay value would likely be tremendous.

I wonder though...Wii U boasts a tablet which is somewhat similar to a handheld gaming system with a bigger screen (the big difference being that it's streaming from a Wii U console). I don't see how GF couldn't reconsider...
Support PHYSICAL (not digital) distribution, and keep control of games in the hands of customers. Also, buy the game NIER. It may not be perfect but the music..

User Info: Grr_badger

Grr_badger
5 years ago#9
1stbasemanbeck posted...
Grr_badger posted...
Gamefreak have always said that the pokemon franchise fits the protable gaming mold more than home consoles...

Thanks for bringing attention to this and for your link. I have to say GF's stance disappoints me though.

A console Pokemon, that is like the handheld Pokemons, would likely be the biggest system seller ever. Seriously this game would be pure money. Heck I haven't played Pokemon in years but I would buy a console and this game because the replay value would likely be tremendous.

I wonder though...Wii U boasts a tablet which is somewhat similar to a handheld gaming system with a bigger screen (the big difference being that it's streaming from a Wii U console). I don't see how GF couldn't reconsider...

I completly agree I still love pokemon games (even at 25... Yikes!!)
I think at somepoint we may find a more in depth crossover between a home console based pokemon and a portable version.

Nintendo have already said they want more connectivity between the 3DS and WiiU this generation so fingers crossed
3Ds FC = 5455-9377-9222
Pokemon Black = 1205 9423 4608

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived