choose: quallity vs. quantity (controller related)

#1Big_IsaacPosted 6/11/2011 6:08:01 AM
the system renders the images and then sends them to the controller
hence, if more controllers are being supported during multiplayer, the console has to render multiple images - 1 for the TV and 1 for every Tablet

no matter how godly or ungodly powerful any hardware is, the quality of the picture is gonna suffer, as well as the overall capabilities of the system (largeness of a gaming world, interactivity with the world, etc)

so, what would you prefer?
a Multiplayer experience that uses 1 tablet + 4 wii motes + max processing power
vs.
a Multiplayer experience that uses 4 tablets + heavily reduced processing power
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF rankings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#2andodelPosted 6/11/2011 6:32:41 AM
It wouldn't necessarily lower the power, Nintendo could heavily modify the system, although this would easily add on $100+ dollars, not including the extra controllers. I would hate them to do that, as I rarely ever use local MP. So long as you have the ability to do so, then I'm fine. I'm not even sure what people are complaining about. It allows them to use their favorite, "traditional" controller (CCP), and it also means that Wii veterans won't have to spend more money on controllers.
#3darkjedilinkPosted 6/11/2011 6:57:01 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
the system renders the images and then sends them to the controller
hence, if more controllers are being supported during multiplayer, the console has to render multiple images - 1 for the TV and 1 for every Tablet

no matter how godly or ungodly powerful any hardware is, the quality of the picture is gonna suffer, as well as the overall capabilities of the system (largeness of a gaming world, interactivity with the world, etc)

so, what would you prefer?
a Multiplayer experience that uses 1 tablet + 4 wii motes + max processing power
vs.
a Multiplayer experience that uses 4 tablets + heavily reduced processing power

The former. I can't believe anyone would really want to increase the price by a substantial amount to use multiple Upads - along with a possible delay in the system launch - when the whole point of the Upad is to improve single-player.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
#4SolowooperPosted 6/11/2011 7:02:48 AM

The former. I can't believe anyone would really want to increase the price by a substantial amount to use multiple Upads - along with a possible delay in the system launch - when the whole point of the Upad is to improve single-player.

It makes the console more solid and opens up more options for game types, at the cost of an extra 100-150 dollars is completely worth it, if price is a huge concern then you would probably end up getting the console later, so a delay wouldn't matter much.
---
I can not read.
^It's not that I can't read it's that you can't.
#5YoyokuKOPosted 6/11/2011 7:04:59 AM
multiplayer is better when players aren't doing the same thing
---
MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3
#6darkjedilinkPosted 6/11/2011 7:11:16 AM
Solowooper posted...
It makes the console more solid and opens up more options for game types, at the cost of an extra 100-150 dollars is completely worth it, if price is a huge concern then you would probably end up getting the console later, so a delay wouldn't matter much.

The PS3 launched at 600 bucks and failed in a good economy. This system will do no better at a similar pricepoint now.

It's not that I'd "just wait" cuz I would. It's that Nintendo won't sell them at all.

Don't they teach basic economics anymore?
---
#7SolowooperPosted 6/11/2011 7:32:56 AM

The PS3 launched at 600 bucks and failed in a good economy. This system will do no better at a similar pricepoint now.

It's not that I'd "just wait" cuz I would. It's that Nintendo won't sell them at all.

Inflation for one thing, And I really doubt that even with the capability of having more than one wiipad at a time, that the cost would be far above 400. The Ps3 is selling more now then ever since the price has dropped, Who's to say nintendo can't do the same thing?
---
I can not read.
#8CPUXPosted 6/11/2011 7:37:05 AM
I just saw Killer Freaks multiplayer at the UbiRoundTable...

It did exactly what I said it would. The uPad makes me this super huge threat "I'm an alien commander!" and the other person uses a (CCP? Couldn't tell what that was...) and they have to kill me "COME AT ME ALIENS!" And that looks like fun.

The argument is that it would make people argue over who uses the uPad...the round ended...you could easily take turns like any other game...

I'm not saying you shouldn't be entitled to having two controllers as a prefrence guys. No one is saying "LOLWUT, 2 CONTROLLERS, UMAD?" but your arguement is pretty...weak.

Quailty > Quanity
---
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
GameFaqs - Where brain cells go to die. -Big_Isaac
#9darkjedilinkPosted 6/11/2011 7:39:17 AM
Solowooper posted...

Inflation for one thing, And I really doubt that even with the capability of having more than one wiipad at a time, that the cost would be far above 400. The Ps3 is selling more now then ever since the price has dropped, Who's to say nintendo can't do the same thing?

You think Nintendo is willing to trade a great launch with strong sales for two or three years for the possibility of strong sales four years from now? If so, not only do you need econ courses, but business ones, too.
---
#10SolowooperPosted 6/11/2011 7:43:56 AM

You think Nintendo is willing to trade a great launch with strong sales for two or three years for the possibility of strong sales four years from now? If so, not only do you need econ courses, but business ones, too.

Oh I think the console would still sell well either way, I just put it into terms of the scenario you have given me. The console is still a work in progress, with no official dates there isn't even a way to really 'delay' it. And they wouldn't have to scrap everything just to incorporate a few extra controllers.
---
I can not read.