Who's happy that NINTENDO is using a capacitive touch screen on the Controller?

#1480ProgressivePosted 6/11/2011 7:46:24 AM
Imagine the possibilities!
---
INNOVASHUN + TRADISHUN = NINTENDO
#2jillwarrenPosted 6/11/2011 7:48:18 AM
Well, I am.
---
Mario Kart DS friendcode: 1289-7004-9524; Brawl 0516-6949-8749; Pokemon Diamond friendcode: 4167-3336-0263
#3Grr_badgerPosted 6/11/2011 7:48:52 AM
The WiiU contoller is NOT capacitive... Sorry

http://wiiu.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/wii_u_touch_screen_is_resistive_not_capacitive
---
3Ds FC = 5455-9377-9222
Pokemon Black = 1205 9423 4608
#4ssjmolePosted 6/11/2011 8:06:06 AM
I prefer resistive as It's great for stuff like Pictionary style games
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
#5SoaringDivePosted 6/11/2011 8:40:08 AM
It's 6.2 inches. I'd much prefer to use a stylus than having to reach 3 inches with my thumb.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#6BlackPhoenix127Posted 6/11/2011 9:32:06 AM
Like you said TC, imagine the possibilities. Nintendo is really going a nice route this gen. With the Wii devs practically had to use the motion controls to pull off some controls. Some didn't like this because it just didn't fit well with their games. Add to this that it only works in SD and you get the software line up of the wii.

But now they're giving devs all of the controls, buttons, and sticks they've come to rely on PLUS the touch screen and everything else. That means that devs that don't want to really do much with that screen don't have to and those who do have innovative ideas for how to use it get to enjoy that new freedom. Regardless of what the trolls say, this is a smart move by nintendo by offering the best of both worlds.

I can see people making exclusive wii games to really get in to trying to use the touch pad while multiplatforms will just leave it be.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#7Board_hunter567Posted 6/11/2011 9:33:27 AM
Still rollin' and trollin' eh?
#8480Progressive(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 9:53:33 AM
With WiiU, Japan will rise again.
#9Grr_badgerPosted 6/11/2011 11:03:00 AM(edited)
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
Like you said TC, imagine the possibilities. Nintendo is really going a nice route this gen. With the Wii devs practically had to use the motion controls to pull off some controls. Some didn't like this because it just didn't fit well with their games. Add to this that it only works in SD and you get the software line up of the wii.

But now they're giving devs all of the controls, buttons, and sticks they've come to rely on PLUS the touch screen and everything else. That means that devs that don't want to really do much with that screen don't have to and those who do have innovative ideas for how to use it get to enjoy that new freedom. Regardless of what the trolls say, this is a smart move by nintendo by offering the best of both worlds.

I can see people making exclusive wii games to really get in to trying to use the touch pad while multiplatforms will just leave it be.

I don't think you got what the TC was saying. Yes adding a touch screen is brilliant and will create great possibilities. BUT there is a large difference in Capacitive and resistive touch screens. For all of you that don't know

Capacitive is like an iphone = can sense more than one touch at a time eg: multiple fingers.

Resistive is like the DS = Better used with a stylus can only sense one thing pressing on the screen at once
---
3Ds FC = 5455-9377-9222
Pokemon Black = 1205 9423 4608
#10PhantomSwordPosted 6/11/2011 11:06:10 AM
Grr_badger posted...
BlackPhoenix127 posted...

I don't think you got what the TC was saying. Yes adding a touch screen is brilliant and will create great possibilities. BUT there is a large difference in Capacitive and resistive touch screens. For all of you that don't know

Capacitive is like an iphone = can sense more than one touch at a time eg: multiple fingers.

Resistive is like the DS = Better used with a stylus can only sense one thing pressing on the screen at once

^Resistive can do multi-touch. But this screen and the DS's screen are single-touch resistive.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.