Has Nintendo, devs, or AMD said if this uses DirectX 11?

#1darkbringer3dPosted 6/11/2011 1:17:15 PM(edited)
Just wondering. Also shader model 5 and open gl 4.1.
---
Also, they are now trying to find new colors by accelerating crayons with the LHC.- Megaman Omega
#2ShibutoPosted 6/11/2011 1:17:47 PM
The only consoles that support DirectX is Xbox and Xbox 360...its owned by Microsoft

In other words....no...
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#3TheWarhammeronlPosted 6/11/2011 1:18:23 PM
I'm not to tech savvy, but the only thing i have seen using DX11 is Epics new-ish unreal engine?
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#4darkbringer3d(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 1:21:49 PM(edited)
Shibuto posted...
The only consoles that support DirectX is Xbox and Xbox 360...its owned by Microsoft

In other words....no...

I'm pretty sure other consoles have used DirectX, such as PS3, let me check. Okay i guess not, but what about the other two?
---
Also, they are now trying to find new colors by accelerating crayons with the LHC.- Megaman Omega
#5youngoliPosted 6/11/2011 1:22:33 PM
DirectX is owned by Microsoft. No way they're gonna let their competition use it. That's like Sony letting other consoles have Blu-ray discs. Most consoles use stuff based on OpenGL.
---
("\(o,,o)/") RAWR! *the thing eats you*-oplinger
You are on the interweb. English is a secondary language here.- watchers_eye
#6darkbringer3d(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 1:25:13 PM
youngoli posted...
DirectX is owned by Microsoft. No way they're gonna let their competition use it. That's like Sony letting other consoles have Blu-ray discs. Most consoles use stuff based on OpenGL.

They can't stop them from using it, but they would have to pay licensing fees.
---
#7ShibutoPosted 6/11/2011 1:26:32 PM

They can't stop them from using it, but they would have to pay licensing fees.

No...doesn't work that way...

And no, PS3 does not use DirectX...for DX effects it uses a Linux-based API as well as OpenGL ES
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#8LapanuiPosted 6/11/2011 1:29:37 PM(edited)
It will most likely support Open GL, not DirectX. Microsoft owns DirectX, I don't think they are going to allow Nintendo to use there API for a product they don't own lol. Xbox 360 uses DirectX, PS3 uses OpenGL, I think the Nintendo Wii uses PSGL which is based on OpenGL ES. I have searched about the Wii's API, someone said it is most likely OpenGL, so I am guessing they are going to stick with it for the Wii U.

That's like Sony letting other consoles have Blu-ray discs

Sony doesn't own Bluray. It's owned by a corporation of multiple companies, Sony is one of them though.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/11/2011 1:30:09 PM
Actually, yes, they can.

Direct X is a software development kit primarily targetted at the PC and Xbox 360 platforms.
It is a Microsoft Software Development Kit and 3D API.
Most consoles use their own 3D API, including every Nintendo console released so far.

The GPU is, going by rumors, a late DX10 based GPU.(DX10.1 compliant.) That means any DX10 hardware features would be available, but not DX11 ones.
DX10 and 11 hardware are quite similar already. Only a few hardware specific features, such as Hardware Tessellation, wouldn't work on DX10 GPUs.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}
#10darkbringer3d(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 1:36:57 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Actually, yes, they can.

Direct X is a software development kit primarily targetted at the PC and Xbox 360 platforms.
It is a Microsoft Software Development Kit and 3D API.
Most consoles use their own 3D API, including every Nintendo console released so far.

The GPU is, going by rumors, a late DX10 based GPU.(DX10.1 compliant.) That means any DX10 hardware features would be available, but not DX11 ones.
DX10 and 11 hardware are quite similar already. Only a few hardware specific features, such as Hardware Tessellation, wouldn't work on DX10 GPUs.

and tesselation is awesome, I hope wii u has it
---