What would you say if Nintendo announced...

#1hurtloidePosted 6/11/2011 9:31:14 PM
that this was the last console that they ever made? Also, they will not sell any rights to their games and just let the mario/zelda/pokemon/etc series die.

Just curious how people would feel?
---
Drunken R.A.G.E
#2MarioMan147Posted 6/11/2011 9:32:27 PM
They had a good 30 years.
---
The MarioMan, serving Mario on GameFaqs for over 2 years.
#3ThePerson88Posted 6/11/2011 9:34:02 PM
I'd go to Mars, because it makes as much sense as a major company closing down for no reason whatsoever.
#4Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 6/12/2011 12:15:07 AM
There are thousands of games to play, and the Playstation and Xbox owners have geen doing fine for generations without Nintendo. Seeing as how the Wii isn't seen as the Nintendo console for Nintendo fans, their games probably won't be missed as much as you think.

-Wii didn't have a Star Fox, Pikmin, Wave Race, Custom Robo, 1080, a new Mario Golf, a new Mario Tennis, or F-Zero.

-Nintendo hasn't had any notably new IPs since Pikmin on home consoles. I don't know if you could count the Wii (blank) series, but even if it is, it's not catered to the gamer who would care enough about Nintendo's passing.

-Most of Nintendo's games have been copied, at least in game style and play. For example, The Smash Bros. style of gameplay have been imitated by numerous developers, including Hudson, Konami, Takara Tomy, , Eighting, Ganbarion, and Q entertainment.

-The same can be said about Nintendo's other franchises, like Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros, F-Zero, Zelda, and Pokemon.

It'd be better for them to go 3rd party than dying. But still, Nintendo's death, while tragic for gamers, probably won't kill video games completely.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#5ImGanondorfLolPosted 6/12/2011 12:35:11 AM
I'd cry and quit video games.
---
My signature is
two lines long.
#6MattperdPosted 6/12/2011 12:48:40 AM
Jason Hart Maivia posted...
There are thousands of games to play, and the Playstation and Xbox owners have geen doing fine for generations without Nintendo. Seeing as how the Wii isn't seen as the Nintendo console for Nintendo fans, their games probably won't be missed as much as you think.

-Oh, topic is gonna be fun...

Wii didn't have a Star Fox, Pikmin, Wave Race, Custom Robo, 1080, a new Mario Golf, a new Mario Tennis, or F-Zero.

-I would go individually, but with Virtual Console, and "New Play Control!" All of those games have seen the Wii. Pikmin and Mario Power Tennis with Motion controls as well. (I think only Custom Robo wasn't on the Wii, but that was on the DS).

Nintendo hasn't had any notably new IPs since Pikmin on home consoles. I don't know if you could count the Wii (blank) series, but even if it is, it's not catered to the gamer who would care enough about Nintendo's passing.

-Nintendo's new IP's are so under-looked, it's ridiculous. I don't think anyone's even heard of Trace Memory.

Most of Nintendo's games have been copied, at least in game style and play. For example, The Smash Bros. style of gameplay have been imitated by numerous developers, including Hudson, Konami, Takara Tomy, , Eighting, Ganbarion, and Q entertainment.

-So how does this make a point in they won't be missed? That means no more innovation in the gaming industry! That's terrible! I want something "new" eventually. I grow tired of all the same shooters on Xbox, and there was nothing but shooters on Sony's E3. Nintendo is getting a lot of Shooters on Wii U, but there's also many other games that will get my mind off it- Pikmin 3, Smash Bros, Tekken, Zelda, etc.

The same can be said about Nintendo's other franchises, like Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros, F-Zero, Zelda, and Pokemon.

-I don't even know what you're talking about here.

It'd be better for them to go 3rd party than dying. But still, Nintendo's death, while tragic for gamers, probably won't kill video games completely.

-It'll make a swift decline. About half the gaming population will be cut.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#7hurtloide(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 6:53:02 AM
Food for thought, What if apple sprung up in their place and started making Home consoles?
How would you feel if that was either the cause/aftermath of nintendos death?
(i just say apple because many non-gamers already consider them part of the videogame market with the small games like angrybird LOL)
---
Drunken R.A.G.E
#8AARO_7Posted 6/12/2011 6:54:54 AM
This is when I start grabbing as much as I can from the VC as fast as I can.
---
Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge quad core 3.1GHz, 6 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD 6950 1GB
#9jakestar0306Posted 6/12/2011 8:09:52 AM
AARO_7 posted...
This is when I start grabbing as much as I can from the VC as fast as I can.

Yeah! *goes to ROM downloading site*
---
Wii FC: 3307 2573 3798 6871
XBL Gamertag: Hyperstar96
#10Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 6/12/2011 3:01:21 PM
Matperd, you make it to seem like no other video game company have come up with innovative games.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276