What would you say if Nintendo announced...

#11Callista08Posted 6/12/2011 5:03:12 PM

To the dude who said apple to make a home console. What is Apple's parent company? And what is the XBox's? Ok...

Also, if it went away, I'm sorry to say that many people wouldn't probably miss it. I mean, I didn't buy the Wii for it's originality and new gameplay design. I bought it for Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing. Yet the online is horrible the different friend codes for EVERY DAMN game, and the horrible online connection 9/10th of the time.

No one would ultimately care. Would their be tons of articles titled "Where Nintendo went wrong" or "Nintendo kills gaming after so many years" yes. But that would last about three months until we all realize. More development for better consoles.

#12SethbeastalanPosted 6/12/2011 5:15:55 PM
Callista08 posted...

To the dude who said apple to make a home console. What is Apple's parent company? And what is the XBox's? Ok...

Also, if it went away, I'm sorry to say that many people wouldn't probably miss it. I mean, I didn't buy the Wii for it's originality and new gameplay design. I bought it for Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing. Yet the online is horrible the different friend codes for EVERY DAMN game, and the horrible online connection 9/10th of the time.

No one would ultimately care. Would their be tons of articles titled "Where Nintendo went wrong" or "Nintendo kills gaming after so many years" yes. But that would last about three months until we all realize. More development for better consoles.

Did you just say that Apple is owned by Microsoft? Please please tell me I'm wrong...
#13martyoytramPosted 6/12/2011 5:17:22 PM
Sethbeastalan posted...

Callista08 posted...

To the dude who said apple to make a home console. What is Apple's parent company? And what is the XBox's? Ok...Also, if it went away, I'm sorry to say that many people wouldn't probably miss it. I mean, I didn't buy the Wii for it's originality and new gameplay design. I bought it for Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing. Yet the online is horrible the different friend codes for EVERY DAMN game, and the horrible online connection 9/10th of the time.No one would ultimately care. Would their be tons of articles titled "Where Nintendo went wrong" or "Nintendo kills gaming after so many years" yes. But that would last about three months until we all realize. More development for better consoles.

Did you just say that Apple is owned by Microsoft? Please please tell me I'm wrong...

That's what it looked like to me. I was just thinking the same thing, actually.
---
06/06/11 The Update Purge of the 3DS Board
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#14leeko_linkPosted 6/12/2011 7:13:50 PM
"What would you say if Nintendo announced... that this was the last console that they ever made? Also, they will not sell any rights to their games and just let the mario/zelda/pokemon/etc series die.

Just curious how people would feel?"

Saying that is just like saying okay we made this for you to buy and then we'll take your money, run away, and never come back. How that would make me feel, very VERY PISSED! The same applies to Microsoft and Sony too (Apple don't really care, I bought nothing from them yet).
#15CPUXPosted 6/12/2011 7:15:07 PM
I'd move on but be upset because now my library will consist primarily of samey FPS's
---
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
GameFaqs - Where brain cells go to die. -Big_Isaac
#16leeko_linkPosted 6/12/2011 7:24:03 PM
"Food for thought, What if apple sprung up in their place and started making Home consoles?
How would you feel if that was either the cause/aftermath of nintendos death?
(i just say apple because many non-gamers already consider them part of the videogame market with the small games like angrybird LOL)"

Apple already failed with one home console (the Pippin) in the past so I'm not sure if they want to make another one. Their mobile lineup and products aren't that full fledge at all and the games are just time waster made to play for a few minutes on the go. Had Apple really want to come back to home console gaming they will need to start taking notes from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft immediately.
#17martyoytramPosted 6/12/2011 7:57:22 PM
lol I just looked up the Pippin, and guess what...

FIVE-HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS!
---
06/06/11 The Update Purge of the 3DS Board
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#18HaloPimp978Posted 6/12/2011 8:08:15 PM

I would cry since I grew up playing SNES when I was 5ish, but if they did they would go the Sega route and just make games for Xbox and PS and maybe even Apple.