Metal Gear Solid Wii U?

#1cwjakesteelPosted 6/12/2011 10:58:04 AM
The only MGS game for Nintendo has been on the gamecube: Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

This game sold better than ALL the other MGS games EVER (of course, until MGS4, not sure about subsistence).

That's why Snake got a chance to be in super smash Brows Brawl.

Now that Nintendo has the graphical capabilities, do you think that konami will give Metal Gear Solid Rising to Nintendo? Or create a completely new game for them?
---
Goldeneye 007 FC: 3148-2274-1517
#2slightlordPosted 6/12/2011 11:01:25 AM
Even though I am not a fan of the series, I do believe there will be at least one Metal Gear title to appear on WiiU. Now, if that game is one from the main series or not is still undecided in my mind but I am sure the name Metal Gear will appear at some point.

I never, EVER thought a Tekken would show up on a Nintendo home console, so after that announcement, a Metal Gear does not seem too far fetched to me anymore.
---
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phæri Horton 3-31-2006
#3DeuxHeroPosted 6/12/2011 11:38:24 AM(edited)
Konami said that the Fox Engine was on PC, 360, PS3 "at least" didn't they? Wii U is a safe bet.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#4JTaanaaPosted 6/12/2011 5:58:23 PM
slightlord posted...
Even though I am not a fan of the series, I do believe there will be at least one Metal Gear title to appear on WiiU. Now, if that game is one from the main series or not is still undecided in my mind but I am sure the name Metal Gear will appear at some point.

I never, EVER thought a Tekken would show up on a Nintendo home console, so after that announcement, a Metal Gear does not seem too far fetched to me anymore.

That's what I'd like to see a Nintendo console getting support.

I understand there is skepticism about the WiiU -- I do think the title of the system is a bit eccentric -- but they really seem to have nailed the concept of having a super powerful system. I do think they unveiled it a bit TOO prematurely, so that IS a bit of a problem. However, this anti-Nintendo BS is just getting WAY out of hand.
#5CPUXPosted 6/12/2011 5:59:48 PM
Kojima said he's gonna try and go more multiplatform with the Fox Engine.
---
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
GameFaqs - Where brain cells go to die. -Big_Isaac
#6martyoytramPosted 6/12/2011 6:00:39 PM
Kojima does love jumping on the latest tech, so it wouldn't be surprising.
---
06/06/11 The Update Purge of the 3DS Board
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#7andodelPosted 6/12/2011 6:04:31 PM
JTaanaa posted...
slightlord posted...

That's what I'd like to see a Nintendo console getting support.

I understand there is skepticism about the WiiU -- I do think the title of the system is a bit eccentric -- but they really seem to have nailed the concept of having a super powerful system. I do think they unveiled it a bit TOO prematurely, so that IS a bit of a problem. However, this anti-Nintendo BS is just getting WAY out of hand.

It's not like people weren't already talking about it. It's good that they did this now so they can see what people are complaining about.