So I just looked at Gametrailers bonus round...

#1nonexistingheroPosted 6/12/2011 2:50:59 PM
When the question came up: "Do you think the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3?" came up, they were all like "No."

They must be friggin' blind and ignorant. It's already confirmed to be a decent bit more powerful than the 360 and PS3. Most likely not a full generational leap, but I'd say that wouldn't be necessary. The 360 and PS3 are very powerful consoles and can do 'almost' everything in terms of graphics. The Wii U with DirectX 11 support and some more power won't be limited by those same borders.

To be honest, even with the next MS and Sony consoles offering a lot more power, I have doubts that they can really wow people with the actual games. Game development is very expensive. One of the main reasons why this generation has lasted so long, is because almost no one has the funds and/or is willing to spend the funds to create a game that can show off the hardware.

So looking at it like this, it's pretty obvious that the Wii U should be able to easily last till 2017-2018, before graphics 'might' take a jump again.

I think the 8th generation just might be the last generation for gaming as we know it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2AP3BrainPosted 6/12/2011 2:53:39 PM
Almost nothing is really confirmed about the power of the system. So stop spreading false info. They just simply THINK it isn't that powerful which they are entitled to think because they were even there watching the demos.
#3ShibutoPosted 6/12/2011 2:53:43 PM
wait who said no?
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#4Lemmywinks13Posted 6/12/2011 2:55:32 PM
If it's running fourth and fifth gen software from the 360 with it's first gen stuff, I think it's safe to say it's more powerful.
#5nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 2:55:47 PM
AP3Brain posted...
Almost nothing is really confirmed about the power of the system. So stop spreading false info. They just simply THINK it isn't that powerful which they are entitled to think because they were even there watching the demos.

Anyone with half a brain can easily figure out it's more powerful than the 360 and PS3, aside from the tech demos being more impressive than anything a retail game for the 360 and PS3 has shown.
---
#6nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 2:57:41 PM
Shibuto posted...
wait who said no?

Those 3 guests. Jeff Gerstman (Giant Bomb). Some guy from Game Informer. And black dude. It's shown to be at least on par with those consoles, which pretty much means it's more powerful. Like I said, it might not be a full generational leap, but it's pretty much confirmed to be more powerful with what's shown so far.
---
#7darkjedilinkPosted 6/12/2011 3:00:20 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Shibuto posted...
wait who said no?

Those 3 guests. Jeff Gerstman (Giant Bomb). Some guy from Game Informer. And black dude. It's shown to be at least on par with those consoles, which pretty much means it's more powerful. Like I said, it might not be a full generational leap, but it's pretty much confirmed to be more powerful with what's shown so far.

Wait, people who haven't developed the games+r seen hard specs said that? I'd take that with a grain of salt.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
#8AP3BrainPosted 6/12/2011 3:01:57 PM

Anyone with half a brain can easily figure out it's more powerful than the 360 and PS3, aside from the tech demos being more impressive than anything a retail game for the 360 and PS3 has shown.

K... That is plenty of proof right there. "Anyone with half a brain can figure it's more powerful". No real other reason or anything.... *sigh* Gamefaqs annoys me sometimes.... The tech demos to me were not more impressive than anything we see on the 360/PS3.

People who think the tech demos are way above anything on 360/PS3 are either Nintendo diehards, visually impaired, suffer from E3 high, or just completely convinced Wii U is more powerful just because it is a new system. That is my opinion at least. Wii U could still be more powerful than what it showed at the tech demos but yeah how much more? Just have to wait and see.
#9Starwars4JPosted 6/12/2011 3:05:25 PM
AP3Brain posted...

K... That is plenty of proof right there. "Anyone with half a brain can figure it's more powerful". No real other reason or anything.... *sigh* Gamefaqs annoys me sometimes.... The tech demos to me were not more impressive than anything we see on the 360/PS3.

People who think the tech demos are way above anything on 360/PS3 are either Nintendo diehards, visually impaired, suffer from E3 high, or just completely convinced Wii U is more powerful just because it is a new system. That is my opinion at least. Wii U could still be more powerful than what it showed at the tech demos but yeah how much more? Just have to wait and see.

You seem to be confused. If mere tech demos over a year before the system is released are as powerful, the actual system will blow the previous gen away.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10youngoliPosted 6/12/2011 3:08:04 PM(edited)
I can definitely see why they would think that. To be honest, the presentations and tech demos were pretty lackluster, and I say that as someone who wholeheartedly believes the Wii U will have better graphics than the other two. Simply put, Nintendo didn't really show off the power of the Wii U.

Oh, I'd also like to add that I think watching the tech demos on a low quality stream probably makes them look a lot better than they might actually look since we can fill in the lack of details ourselves.
---
("\(o,,o)/") RAWR! *the thing eats you*-oplinger
You are on the interweb. English is a secondary language here.- watchers_eye