So I just looked at Gametrailers bonus round...

#31darkqueenhelbaPosted 6/12/2011 3:45:21 PM
It's really hard to make the distinction in this day in age. I do 3D modeling for a living and I wouldn't even be able to tell you. That's with looking at the demos too. There are so many factors to consider....texture/light maps, shaders, CPU, GPU, engines that support it, etc. You can't just watch two different videos and say, "oh that hardware is more powerful than that one". Doesn't work like that.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#32nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 3:47:53 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
It's really hard to make the distinction in this day in age. I do 3D modeling for a living and I wouldn't even be able to tell you. That's with looking at the demos too. There are so many factors to consider....texture/light maps, shaders, CPU, GPU, engines that support it, etc. You can't just watch two different videos and say, "oh that hardware is more powerful than that one". Doesn't work like that.

The difference is fairly obvious, to be honest. Though... it really depends on what we'll see in the games. I think, for the first 1-2 years, we'll prolly see the best versions of PS3 and 360 games on it, but they'll only be slightly better. I doubt they're even gonna make them 1080p natively for the Wii U. They're just gonna upscale it instead.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#33EndgamePosted 6/12/2011 5:00:51 PM
all these topics about people arguing about the graphics are part of the reason why I have no hope left for console gaming

why are the game companies focusing so much on graphics, which have got to be really expensive to produce at this point, and less on making the games themselves actually good? you people, that's why
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#34AP3BrainPosted 6/12/2011 6:10:32 PM
Endgame posted...
all these topics about people arguing about the graphics are part of the reason why I have no hope left for console gaming

why are the game companies focusing so much on graphics, which have got to be really expensive to produce at this point, and less on making the games themselves actually good? you people, that's why

Console developers focus on giving developers the best tools to work with and advance the console industry so we can have good games. There is really no point in making a new console if you don't want better graphics. Would you rather us not have better graphics and stick with one console the rest of our lives? Sounds kind of boring honestly. I do put gameplay over graphics but I do expect better graphics as time goes on.
#35HaloPimp978Posted 6/12/2011 6:21:10 PM

nonexistinghero posted...
Steel_Shadows posted...
He does.

Indeed, I have a PS3 and a 360. Oh, also, I just read that it's pretty much confirmed that there's a CPU in it that, with the weakest version, is still 3-4 times more powerful than the CPU's of the current gen consoles.

Tottentanz posted...
Is there anything more powerful than 1080p right now? As far as I know, Wii-U will not surpass the other two graphically based on that simple logic, but it can be said that they will have more games at 1080p running smoother than the other two thanks to the tech they have inside their machine.

Also, considering that many popular games are released at 720p or lower but deliver an intense gaming experience then it would be easy to assume the same can and will occur on the Wii-U especially sine the Wii has been doing so well these last years.

Then again, maybe Nintendo knew, like many of us do, that since graphics will not be the deciding factor here that they will design a more complex console that will be able to handle more advanced games allowing a new experience. Already Killer Freaks has a game mode that I do not believe could be duplicated on any other console, and that is a game that has only a few months work in it Considering what Ubi already has in the works, despite its arcade/cartoonish graphics, that the Wii-U will carve out a new gaming experience and not just because it has a fancy controller but because the system was designed to handle a whole new level of gaming.

1080p is merely a resolution. It doesn't represent power at all. Higher resolution =/= better graphics. It allows for better graphics though. Still, most developers for the 360 opt to choose for 720p resolution with more detail and better performance, than a 1080p resolution that runs worse and looks slightly more crisp. Though for the Wii U it seems like such sacrifices won't need to be made (that's not 100% certain though).

Killer Freaks also didn't impress me, to be honest. Graphically, it's not impressive at all so far. Gameplay... the control seems unique, but other than that there doesn't seem to be any innovation gameplay-wise. Just a rather generic FPS with adult humor.

How are we going to judge a system by one game when no other games have been showed. It's funny how people dissed the Wii and said it wouldn't be successful and look how many it sold which is about 80 million worldwide. Watch Sony and Nintendo will do something similar with the 720 and PS4 and that will show how innovative the Wii U is going to be.

---

#36HaloPimp978Posted 6/12/2011 6:31:55 PM

nonexistinghero posted...
Steel_Shadows posted...
He does.

Indeed, I have a PS3 and a 360. Oh, also, I just read that it's pretty much confirmed that there's a CPU in it that, with the weakest version, is still 3-4 times more powerful than the CPU's of the current gen consoles.

Tottentanz posted...
Is there anything more powerful than 1080p right now? As far as I know, Wii-U will not surpass the other two graphically based on that simple logic, but it can be said that they will have more games at 1080p running smoother than the other two thanks to the tech they have inside their machine.

Also, considering that many popular games are released at 720p or lower but deliver an intense gaming experience then it would be easy to assume the same can and will occur on the Wii-U especially sine the Wii has been doing so well these last years.

Then again, maybe Nintendo knew, like many of us do, that since graphics will not be the deciding factor here that they will design a more complex console that will be able to handle more advanced games allowing a new experience. Already Killer Freaks has a game mode that I do not believe could be duplicated on any other console, and that is a game that has only a few months work in it Considering what Ubi already has in the works, despite its arcade/cartoonish graphics, that the Wii-U will carve out a new gaming experience and not just because it has a fancy controller but because the system was designed to handle a whole new level of gaming.

1080p is merely a resolution. It doesn't represent power at all. Higher resolution =/= better graphics. It allows for better graphics though. Still, most developers for the 360 opt to choose for 720p resolution with more detail and better performance, than a 1080p resolution that runs worse and looks slightly more crisp. Though for the Wii U it seems like such sacrifices won't need to be made (that's not 100% certain though).

Killer Freaks also didn't impress me, to be honest. Graphically, it's not impressive at all so far. Gameplay... the control seems unique, but other than that there doesn't seem to be any innovation gameplay-wise. Just a rather generic FPS with adult humor.

---

How are we going to judge a system by one game when no other games have been showed. It's funny how people dissed the Wii and said it wouldn't be successful and look how many it sold which is about 80 million worldwide. Watch Sony and Nintendo will do something similar with the 720 and PS4 and that will show how innovative the Wii U is going to be.

#37AP3BrainPosted 6/12/2011 6:37:46 PM
What are you doing HaloPimp?..... Why quoting a bunch of people?
#38HaloPimp978Posted 6/12/2011 6:39:38 PM

AP3Brain posted...
What are you doing HaloPimp?..... Why quoting a bunch of people?

Met to edit that but I forgot.