#1no2morroPosted 6/12/2011 4:27:27 PM
Not sure if you guys have seen this but:

http://www.ripten.com/2011/06/11/wii-u-pics-justin6464/

Enjoy.
---
See how funny it is, when your kid ain't got no father,
played a little too much, now you're afloat in the harbor - NAS
#2SolowooperPosted 6/12/2011 4:34:14 PM
Why doesn't it look like a gamecube lol?
---
I can not read.
^It's not that I can't read it's that you can't.
#3nonexistingheroPosted 6/12/2011 4:36:11 PM
It looks like the mutated child of an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I seriously hope they change the design (and color too... getting sick of white being the standard color like everywhere).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4no2morro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 4:39:30 PM
lol

I was trying to be impartial here, but I was thinking the same. Either way, I'm still eager to see what it can do...I'm worried about load times though since it doesn't have an HDD. I'd like to know more on the drive too (disc capacity).

At least we have some images though.
---
#5youngoliPosted 6/12/2011 4:42:47 PM
I really want black/blue or black/red. But I guess after the success of the Wii there's little chance of them taking that route.

I also wish they would make it out of Nintendium again. I miss the days of invincible Gamecubes.
---
("\(o,,o)/") RAWR! *the thing eats you*-oplinger
You are on the interweb. English is a secondary language here.- watchers_eye
#6nonexistingheroPosted 6/12/2011 4:45:40 PM
no2morro posted...
lol

I was trying to be impartial here, but I was thinking the same. Either way, I'm still eager to see what it can do...I'm worried about load times though since it doesn't have an HDD. I'd like to know more on the drive too (disc capacity).

Well, the 360 that had no HDD often still had better load times than the PS3, that did have an HDD (and often required installs). So ah... loading times are probably the least of your worries. I can't imagine any of Nintendo's big franchises being ruined with long loading times. That hasn't happened for any of their games so far. Doubt it would happen now.

Though 3rd parties... they tend to slack quite often, when it comes to optimizing load times.
---
#7no2morro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 4:47:58 PM
Good call! If there is one thing Nintendo always had going for it, it was that their systems were built like bricks. Drop them, kick them whatever, they would still last longer than the competition for durability. I'm not so eager to test the theory on my PSP...I know my old DS could take a fair bit of punishment, whereas I always treated my PSP like it was delicate crystal in a museum.
---
#8nonexistingheroPosted 6/12/2011 4:51:29 PM
The PSP is actually pretty durable. In fact, it's probably Sony's most durable system yet (the fat PS3 was just bulky, but not all that durable in terms of damage taking).

But of course, you'll have to be careful to not scratch the large screen.
---
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/12/2011 4:53:44 PM
That's funny because the only consoles I've had from sony that broke excessively are the PSX and PSP.
I remember the initial PS2 launch models being really flimsy though.
Also, the half-dome design on the PS3 does absorb impacts better than the alternative designs.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}
http://i.imgur.com/mMSLs.jpg The Power of Radeom!
#10no2morro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2011 5:04:55 PM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
no2morro posted...
lol

Well, the 360 that had no HDD often still had better load times than the PS3, that did have an HDD (and often required installs). So ah... loading times are probably the least of your worries. I can't imagine any of Nintendo's big franchises being ruined with long loading times. That hasn't happened for any of their games so far. Doubt it would happen now.

Though 3rd parties... they tend to slack quite often, when it comes to optimizing load times.

While I appreciate the response...we aren't talking 6 years ago. We are talking fairly high level graphics that take time to load. If you played Mass Effect for example, you could see the texture loading in layers off the disc (base layer, overlay of colors, insignias, shading, etc), you didn't see this with HDD install. It was the same with Ninja Gaiden with a tonne of enemies on screen. Pretty much all games, bar Halo 3 (which was designed to be run on a disc), were MUCH faster installed.

PS3 games typically have a mandatory install now...so to say load times are the least of my concerns...I disagree.

Consider that the WiiU is a higher spec machine than a 360...do you really think their is less data to load? Wii U needs an HDD more than any other system, yet the others have one. That's why I say its a concern.

Gameplay I'm not worried about in the least. Nintendo knows what they are doing, and third parties will go to it...but HDD and disc size are big issues. Go to the PS3 board if you have a chance and listen to the guys there celebrating the fact they don't have to swap discs. While I do laugh at them at times, I only do so because the 360 came out at a time when bluray wasn't relevent...now it is. Disc size is a big factor with spacing out a game. Compression can only go so far. Games like LA Noire, FF13, and Star Ocean span multiple discs....while developers can get around it by making a game linear so people don't need to go back to area...if it can be overcome, it should. Bluray overcomes this, and I am wondering what Nintendo is doing here by not including it.

Suffice it to say, Nintendo has my attention again, which they had lost for the past 6 years, but that doesn't mean I don't remain skeptical given my experience with consoles and PCs, particularly given what the competition has been doing for a long time, and that they are not.
---