About the console specs.

#11JackTheRimmerPosted 6/12/2011 6:33:13 PM
POWER 7 will make Wii U practically future proof to go against PS4/ 720
#12knightimexPosted 6/12/2011 6:34:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13knightimexPosted 6/12/2011 6:37:08 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
POWER 7 will make Wii U practically future proof to go against PS4/ 720

Wii U will be advanced enough that by the time ps4 and 720 are released the games won't look all that much better over all.

They WILL look better but not by a lot.
---
This is how the Wii U sounds. LMAO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/12/2011 6:38:04 PM
Well, we still don't know what Radeon HD GPU it's going to use. If it uses a 4350 or something, it's not going to be better than current hardware, but I don't see any reason to use anything far below a 4850, and if it can match up to a 4850, which holds up against the 8800GTX(slightly faster, IIRC) then that's easily ahead of this console generation.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}
http://i.imgur.com/mMSLs.jpg The Power of Radeom!
#15Mavrick588Posted 6/12/2011 6:49:17 PM
I remember hearing it was gonna be the 6000 series GPU, but I can't remember if it was confirmed or not
---
"Never been righteous, though seldom were wrong"
#16andodelPosted 6/12/2011 6:53:16 PM
jokingpeo posted...
Even though we don't know them, it might be safe to assume it's going to be the bare minimum to step above 360 and PS3. I don't know what this entails, but Nintendo is known for innovative ideas. Not power. Hopefully either Sony or Microsoft will juice their next console with some anabolic power so gamers who can't afford a high-end pc can get it else where.

I respect Nintendo for their innovation, but, in addition to new ideas, gaming need faster clock speeds and more memory to advance.

Considering the the Wiiu will be HD and better than the PS3, MS and Sony are going to actually have to get creative this time. The can't just slap in some hardware and sell.
#17Megaman OmegaPosted 6/12/2011 6:56:42 PM
jokingpeo posted...
Nintendo is known for innovative ideas. Not power.

Then why was the SNES more "powerful" than the Genesis, why was the N64 more "powerul" than the PS, why was the GC more "powerful" than the PS2?
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#18knightimexPosted 6/12/2011 7:07:46 PM
andodel posted...
jokingpeo posted...
Even though we don't know them, it might be safe to assume it's going to be the bare minimum to step above 360 and PS3. I don't know what this entails, but Nintendo is known for innovative ideas. Not power. Hopefully either Sony or Microsoft will juice their next console with some anabolic power so gamers who can't afford a high-end pc can get it else where.

I respect Nintendo for their innovation, but, in addition to new ideas, gaming need faster clock speeds and more memory to advance.

Considering the the Wiiu will be HD and better than the PS3, MS and Sony are going to actually have to get creative this time. The can't just slap in some hardware and sell.

Actually that's exactly what Sony plans on ding with the ps4.
---
This is how the Wii U sounds. LMAO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/12/2011 7:09:44 PM
Most rumors say R700, and most people saying 6000 series probably just say that because the 6000 series is the latest AMD series out.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}
http://i.imgur.com/mMSLs.jpg The Power of Radeom!
#20ArabrockermanXPosted 6/12/2011 7:28:26 PM

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Almost no one on these forums knows the first thing about hardware. Granted, most won't admit it, and will rant and rant and rant with the expectancy that that makes them somehow right, but people here just pick up a console and say "IT HAS TEH BEST GRAFIX OF ANY CONSOLES AND AMAZING BECUZ *random marketing buzzword*", basically. They often don't think much for themselves.

Granted its not my speciality I do have a general understanding of tech and knowing whats stronger than current gen consoles isn't hard to figure out...