I don;t think it;s necessary to have 4 Wii U controllers.

#1mmarksterPosted 6/13/2011 2:26:32 AM
I think I know why Nintendo allows only one Wii U controller per console. The Wii U is a home console. You know, the one you hook up to the TV? If the only players on the console used Wii U controllers, what would be the point of using the TV? They're basically playing 4 Nintendo portable consoles.
---
Gamertag: mmarkster Pokemon Platinum FC: 4254 3268 7421 Name: Mark
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name: Mark
#2CPUXPosted 6/13/2011 2:29:07 AM
People are worried about what to do when you play something like a fighting game or a FPS.

Personally, I would want to use a WiiMote or CCP.
---
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
GameFaqs - Where brain cells go to die. -Big_Isaac
#3Link_Fangirl6Posted 6/13/2011 2:29:28 AM
This post is extremely ignorant.

Why would the console have to stream the game to 4 tablets? In fact, given the tech, it's simply not possible.

The point it, the thing that sets this console apart is the controller, yet developers are being limited when it comes to multilayer games because they can't design them around the controller.

I hated Wiimotes, but it seems they'll be sticking around for another 6 years
---
Check out my let's plays at http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaManStan
#4CPUXPosted 6/13/2011 2:32:38 AM
Link_Fangirl6 posted...
This post is extremely ignorant.

Why would the console have to stream the game to 4 tablets? In fact, given the tech, it's simply not possible.

The point it, the thing that sets this console apart is the controller, yet developers are being limited when it comes to multilayer games because they can't design them around the controller.

I hated Wiimotes, but it seems they'll be sticking around for another 6 years

Limitations to multiplayer =/= Hate for Wii Motes

Use a CCP. And it doesn't eliminate multiplayer. It's just creates a new way to play multiplayer.
---
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
GameFaqs - Where brain cells go to die. -Big_Isaac
#5Killeryoshi8Posted 6/13/2011 2:59:30 AM
it still defeats the entire purpose of the console: the unique controller.
---
Beat Hazard Ultra
#6goiterboy07Posted 6/13/2011 3:11:19 AM
What if people dont have a wii or any controllers?

I wouldn't want to go out and buy 6 year old controllers.
---
#7darkjedilinkPosted 6/13/2011 4:21:01 AM
Considering the controller was meant to change single-player, or to change one player's gameplay in multiplayer, of course you only need one Upad per console.

I'm guessing that people saying they don't want to play with "old" controllers don't play the PS3 or 360, though, since those are both "old" controllers too.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
#8goiterboy07Posted 6/13/2011 4:33:17 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Considering the controller was meant to change single-player, or to change one player's gameplay in multiplayer, of course you only need one Upad per console.

I'm guessing that people saying they don't want to play with "old" controllers don't play the PS3 or 360, though, since those are both "old" controllers too.

I cant go and buy a PS2 controller and plug it straight into my ps3.
---
#9CryogonaIPosted 6/13/2011 4:34:22 AM
I don't see what's wrong with wanting to transfer the awesome use of the separate screen in single player to multiplayer too.
---
www.deviantart.com/download/200019296/cryogonal_by_cyndaquil_cdb-d3b33vk.png
Don't worry, I've no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing either.
#10chaomaster4000Posted 6/13/2011 4:38:46 AM
CryogonaI posted...
I don't see what's wrong with wanting to transfer the awesome use of the separate screen in single player to multiplayer too.

This. Having it used in multiplayer isn't going to affect its single player useage at all, so why is it a bad thing to want them supported in multiplayer? It's not like everything has to support it, but it's bad to rule out the option from the get-go.
---
chao master
Team Aqua Blue for the 3DS! Which side are you on?