What do YOU think the odds of Gamecube and Dreamcast VC games are for this?

#1DeuxHeroPosted 6/17/2011 9:01:05 AM(edited)
Just a random question.

For GCN, you may not even need to make a real emulator given it can natively run Wii games (but if you do, allowing resolution scaling would be a nice bonus) which is a plus. The consumor would need an external harddrive or eat up most of their memory though.

For Dreamcast, well... the older Sega consoles are on the VC now. Sega ported most of their first party titles to other systems though (Shenmu 1 wasn't though, and S2 has rights issues in NA). Possible.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#260secondAssasinPosted 6/17/2011 9:03:45 AM
not good.
---
Console I Own: NES, SNES, PS1,N64, Dreamcast, Xbox360, Wii
Handhelds: Gameboy(89'), DS Lite, PC Engine, GP2X Wiz
#3Ryan SiPosted 6/17/2011 9:57:21 AM
I'm pretty skeptical at this point.

Sony hasn't even put PS2 games up on PSN yet (I'm sure they will eventually after they enjoy some of these PS2 HD profits) and Nintendo is very slow when it comes to adopting online trends.

Also, the fact that the system doesn't come with an internal HDD presents a problem. Sure, you could use an external HDD, but that isn't a viable solution for the majority of customers and with that I don't see much incentive for Nintendo.
#4DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 10:09:46 AM(edited)
The Xbox 360 has physical games that don't work on the "arcade" version because it lacks a hard drive, and they sell fairly well (One of them is a Halo title).
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#5Ryan SiPosted 6/17/2011 10:40:37 AM(edited)
The Xbox 360 has physical games that don't work on the "arcade" version because it lacks a hard drive, and they sell fairly well (One of them is a Halo title).

Yeah, but the difference is that the majority of 360 owners have the regular version (of the system) which has an internal HDD. The majority of Wii U owners will not be hooking up external HDDs.

I think it was a poor decision to not include an HDD in the system. This is only one of numerous examples why.
#6NintendojitsuPosted 6/17/2011 10:42:35 AM
^and you know this how exactly?
---
Wii U: The last "next-gen" console you'll ever own.
#7TNK10Posted 6/17/2011 10:45:25 AM
Ryan Si posted...
I'm pretty skeptical at this point.

Sony hasn't even put PS2 games up on PSN yet (I'm sure they will eventually after they enjoy some of these PS2 HD profits) and Nintendo is very slow when it comes to adopting online trends.

Also, the fact that the system doesn't come with an internal HDD presents a problem. Sure, you could use an external HDD, but that isn't a viable solution for the majority of customers and with that I don't see much incentive for Nintendo.

They put God of War 1-2 HD on psn if that count for anything. Ubisoft put all 3 games of the Prince of Persia Trilogy and are putting Beyond Good and Evil on it too. So there are some PS2 games on psn but not alot.
---
Technically Heihachi and Kaz had to have sex too to create Kaz and Jin. - VRX3000
Hehachi and Kaz had sex and made KazJin?! WTH?! -starrylily
#8DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 10:54:01 AM
Also: PS2 still makes money for Sony, PS3 didn't until a short bit ago. Making consumers not want a PS2 is dumb for them.
---
#9martyoytramPosted 6/17/2011 10:56:22 AM
Unlike PS2 games on PS3, from Nintendo's perspective, GC and Dreamcast are two generations ago, so I wouldn't rule it out.
---
06/06/11 The Update Purge of the 3DS Board
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#10CrazyhaxPosted 6/17/2011 10:56:52 AM
Not likely, as much as I hate to admit it. I really would've like to see this happen soon.

Of course there's the lack of an HDD problem. It would also be pretty strange timing to drop GC controller support right when you make the games available for download.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506